dpreguy

DPRE Recurrent seminar cancelled

I just got an email stating the "face to face" DPRE recurrent seminar for Mar 23 was cancelled. I had to book for a day earlier to make the Sunday meeting. Anyone else in the same boat? If there are others similarly situate, could we could meet on Sunday afternoon and discuss some of the issues?

Now I have to do the online 8 hour seminar. Anyone already do this that will tell me what it was like? Do I really have to sit in front of a screen for 8 hours?

https://av-info.faa.gov/DsgReg/sections.aspx?SectionID=3219

Have your login and your credit card handy.

The slides are basically the same ones Fletch had at the last seminar. I didn't see any new information.

The test is not much different either, except that it is effectively open-book.

Should take you about half an hour, including figuring out how to print your certificate.

Mark

Probably Sequestration at work. I know my FAA inspectors were expecting two furlough days a month starting right away. With an online alternative wouldn't surprise me if travel non-essential travel was cancelled.

Also I had to do the online because all of the certificates from 2 years ago expired either on Feb 13th or Feb 28th depending on what your inspector said. (Training says end of the month issued, my PMI said two years to the day.) I had a test to give after that. For sure everyone using the last symposium's certificate was out of business March 1.

And online was certainly less painful than setting there all day. I expect the room will still be available for anyone wanting to get together.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

It does the same thing as in gives you a certificate that meets the 2 year recurrent training requirement need to exercise your testing authorization. After you take the test you get an email with a link to the certificate.

Power point and audio presentation on doing the job. Normal review only you can get it done in an hour. (Took me longer because I took the test twice and tried to find the answer to one question that I never could find in any reference. Actually 2 hours because I printed the power point and I have a slow printer.:S)

You don't get to bull shit with the other DPRE's though.

Easier, less tedious than sitting in a room for 8 hours but no conversation.

BTW once you sign up you get 2 or 3 months to finish it and you can start and stop anytime.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I have two (dpre only) questions that I wanted answered. Not on DZ.com. My FSDO isn't the place to ask either. Guess I'll have to corner some others at PIA and we'll discuss.
I had to have airplane and hotel room scheduled to arrive a day early to go to the seminar. It is costing me one more hotel day and to change flights is more expensive than pushing the date forward. Not happy with this last minute cancellation.