fastmartin2002

did anyone else..............

Nope, I'm here at work. But at least now that you're home "sick", you'll be able to take the trash out if it needs it! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

call in sick today as i did? just curious to see those of us who r among the sick, lame, and lazy crowd!

Im home,been home for 6 weeks.My cast comes off at 2:45 TODAY:)
dropdeded
PCSS#26

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

that's my theory. i can get paid to sit here and do nothing. i actually don't have sick time, it's all in a PTO system. i can request it in advance or just call and say i'm nto coming, and not have to declare "sick" or "personal" kinda nice. :ph34r:

Wish I had. I've never taken a false sick day. Can't bring myself to do it. However I have no problem showing up and doing nothing.

When I worked at a hospital, they had a cool policy. They just called it Paid Days Off. Since national holidays are work days too in a hospital, they just gave you "days".

Instead of the standard 10-vacation, 10-sick, 5-national holidays, they gave you 25 days a year.

If you didn't get sick, bonus vacation. B|
If you saved them, you could cash them in.

If you want a day off, no reason necessary. I thought it was a great way to do it.

that's exactly how my work is. while it sucks sometimes havign to work holidays (well days before and after really), it's nice to have the flexibility.

anyone else not goign anywhere for christmas? i have to work christmas eve and the day after. just me , my fish, and pizza on christmas day. [:/]

Nope, I'm here at work. But at least now that you're home "sick", you'll be able to take the trash out if it needs it! :P

[Schwarzenegger]

Take owt de pay-puz and de trosh
or you don't get no spen-ding cosh

[/Schwarzenegger]

hehehe
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

However I have no problem showing up and doing nothing
--------------------------------------------------------
yeah, I don't think any of us here have a problem with that

At the end of the day i actually feel guilty for having been here all day doing nothing.:P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

At the end of the day i actually feel guilty for having been here all day doing nothing.:P

I used to feel that way. When I was a salaried telecom employee, we had non-technical boneheads giving us direction on how to accomplish a task.

Guys with 10-years of experience were saying "no, no, it won't work that way". Of course, we would implement it and it wouldn't work. Then, they expected us to work unpaid overtime to fix it to our original suggestion.

I quit. I work as a contractor. I give my professional opinion. If they take it, I get paid to do it. If they want something else, I get paid to do that and I get paid to fix it later. B|

I don't have to work weekends unless they want to pay me. Generally, they have the employees do it. I haven't carried a beeper in 6 years. I don't get called at night. B|

"I work as a contractor. I give my professional opinion. If they take it, I get paid to do it. If they want something else, I get paid to do that and I get paid to fix it later. "

LOL, me too, I love your attitude, and its sooo right!
If I'm sick, I don't get paid. No holiday pay etc etc etc...
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

LOL, me too, I love your attitude, and its sooo right!
If I'm sick, I don't get paid. No holiday pay etc etc etc...

People don't understand that the benefits packages are only worth about $6 an hour. If your rate goes by 10, you just put the extra into savings. Also, I think I have as much job security as the employees do now. In some cases, people put money into employee stock programs (not just national companies) and have watched the company bottom out. You can lose $30K in a flash. I am a LOT happier this way.

Your preaching to the converted bro, I went contract over 12 years ago, the tax loopholes in the UK are, can say, generous.;););)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson