PLFXpert

What do you think about to altitude?

Fuck, fuck , fuck , fuck, i am never going to jump again, never, never again, this scares this shit out of me, oh god why am i here when i could be at home oh shit, oh shit. "CUUUUUUUUUUUUT", oh shit here we go, "IN THE DOOR", oh shit don't let me fuck up, don't let me die, "LOOK UP", oh shit, "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE SKYDIVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

What do you think about to altitude?

Oh my god ! This can't be right ! It's not possible ! These things go down ! They can't defy gravity ! The wind alone can blow the wings off ! Why is no one else showing concern ?!? What's wrong with these people ?!? Don't they realise how old this Cessna is ?!? Is the engine supposed to be making that noise ?!? Is it supposed to be that loud ?!? Don't they know you can't defy the laws of gravity ! Get me down ! AAAAGGGHHHH ! ! ! !
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I start getting happy around 11k and am known for always telling everyone within arms reach to have fun and give them skin.

Me too! I blow kisses to the ones I can't reach. Ha ha ha. I started at a small DZ before I moved to Skydive Deland and everyone there was so encouraging in the plane and this always made me feel like a superstar, so I do the same on every load for everyone else, especially the tandem/AFF students.

Usually the climb to altitude is a chance for me to RELAX a little !! Between packing, making videos, fussing with gear and cameras, and attending dirt dives ( a video person should always attend the dirt dive so that there are no surprises for ANYone on the dive) the ride to altitude is the only time to
kick back and close my eyes for a bit..
If the door
goes up around 1000 feet and if there is room in the back of the otter, I like to lay down on my
stomach and stick my head WAY out the door and just look down.....If it is a Sunday morning (remember when we used to go to Church on sun. mornings:$ ) I will say a prayer of thanks
for the privilege of skydiving with my friends...(I long ago came to the realization that 10,000 feet,,, on a blue sky Sunday morning is a great place to talk to God.... ) But I avoid the doom and gloom prayers,, like,, "please make this parachute work"
or please dont let me die!":S
Otherwise I will sit back,, grin like an idiot,, try to smile at everyone else who is in the plane,, and check my gear, and camera(s)....
If it's a work jump,,, I'll shoot some footage of the student, the instructor, the pilot, the engines, the clouds, the stickers and labels in the cabin,,,,and then be ready if anyone asks for a pin check...
Then it's back to grinning...... as jump run approaches, I look HARD for traffic,,, wait for the green,,,,,light up the video cams.... and then its
"Yeah,,, Yeah,,, Get the f*#

I always say a little prayer for safety and for fun on takeoff. Then I usually just take in the amazing view, enjoy being with my buds, listen to the music in my head all while totally enjoying the vibration of the plane!B| And if it's a skyvan or Casa, I will become mentally unavailable while becoming as-one with the plane seated on the edge of my favorite seat!;) Might even choose to ride the plane down. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!:o:$

Fall in dove.

Usually I think about nothing until it's time for gear check when I realize I forgot my altimeter.B|

Or I drink a beerB|B|B|
If it's a planned RW jump I'll vizualize a few times and then stare blankly out the door until the door light comes on (otter) or wonder if there are stress cracks under all the gaffers tape...

:P

Ken

"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

"can't sleep, clowns will eat me"

Sometimes I read a book, seriously, done it a few times, will continute to do it.

I met a guy from Sarasota who is a professional clown (unlike the rest of us). His wife is also. He was on the cover of Parachutist about 2 years ago in full makeup. I have ran into Dave in several places and one time at Quincy while he was in the bi-plane loading area.

He was wearing his full makeup for the pics and I was wearing my t-shirt that said "can't sleep, the clowns will eat me". Someone walked up and was reading my shirt. Then they looked at Dave, then me. :D

[chanting to self] this is not a perfectly good airplane, this is not a perfectly good airplane, this is not a perfectly good airplane, this is not a perfectly good airplane...[/chanting to self].

since i tend to have my eyes closed and rock back and forth in the process, i get weird looks. i get them anyway so the two events may not be related.:S;)

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Mostly I think about the flow of the dive and then just relax and let my mind wander, from what I did the day before to what I'll be doing in two months! I really like to talk and joke with those around me, it helps make the ride not so long! I have to agree with snowbird on the bathroom issue. Why is it that I can go right before getting on the plane and by half way up I need to go again? I just distract myself and enjoy everything about the jump!

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

It's nice to see that others in the sport with so many more jumps than myself say a little prayer on the way to altitude and still get nervous. It helps to know that I'm not the only one that does that. I usually say a prayer for the safety of everyone on the plane, go over the dive, check my handles a ton of times, and look forward to the air. When it's really cold (and it gets cold in Wisconsin), I wonder why I'm not in front of a fireplace drinking a hot toddy. :S

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Mmmm, what a great dinner I had last night, refried beans, beer, etc.
Uh oh, I think dinner might be coming back to haunt me, wait I can hold it in
Uhm, lemme see, maybe nobody will smell that, act ignorant
Shit, people are vomiting, who near me can I blame this on? :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

PLFExpert

You'll have to get her name right first, if you stand a CHANCE of capturing her...but even then, it's a difficult feat. She's always juuust out of reach. Ugh, um, almost, can't get, wait a minute, just a......DAMN she got away again. Sneaky cat;)

Me too! I blow kisses to the ones I can't reach. Ha ha ha. I started at a small DZ before I moved to Skydive Deland and everyone there was so encouraging in the plane and this always made me feel like a superstar, so I do the same on every load for everyone else, especially the tandem/AFF students.

Yea, I miss that smallDZ
My photos

My Videos