dove

Here we go................

OK - I just applied to one of the local hospitals for VERY LOW LEVEL positions just to get into a healthcare setting. I will also be volunteering - preferably in the Family Waiting Rooms (I remember how awesome the volunteer was that helped me communicate with my mom when I was in recovery.) I have also been looking into accelerated programs in Nursing - though I am still also seriously considering becoming a PT or Sonographer. This is exciting! I am not making any money currently so even if I only make pennies an hour or nothing for volunteer, at least I'll gain some practical experience and it will help me decide if this career change is the right one for me. Wish me luck! I am so excited! :)

Fall in dove.

Good luck, Dove. With all the old people here in Florida, you'll never have a problem finding a job! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK - I just applied to one of the local hospitals for VERY LOW LEVEL positions just to get into a healthcare setting. I will also be volunteering - preferably in the Family Waiting Rooms (I remember how awesome the volunteer was that helped me communicate with my mom when I was in recovery.) I have also been looking into accelerated programs in Nursing - though I am still also seriously considering becoming a PT or Sonographer. This is exciting! I am not making any money currently so even if I only make pennies an hour or nothing for volunteer, at least I'll gain some practical experience and it will help me decide if this career change is the right one for me. Wish me luck! I am so excited! :)

ya know i have always had fantasies about hot nurses the though of you in a tight white uniform makes me wanna move to florida and check myself into your section at the hospital!!!!!:P:P:P:P:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Absolutely fabulous. What better time than now, when you get right down to it? You're awesome.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

good luck at it dove... and coming from another thread the title of your post got a tecno song stuckin my head.. it's "hey boy, hey girl" by the chemical brothers....partial lyrics..."hey boy, hey girl, superstar dj's..here we go.."

You all rock! OMG - who knows where I'd be or what shape I'd be in mentally today if I didnt' have you guys to help me through the tough year I've had. And look atcha all now..... my biggest group of supporters! I feel so high right now! (All natural, of course!)B|

Fall in dove.

Right on Dove,I have decided that a career in the medical field is what I want to do.I was approved for a grant yesterday and I start a course called "Medical Emergency Management" the end of this month.I spend a lot of time at hospitals and in emergency rooms due to my wifes health.She has Lupus and its pretty advanced and it sure helps when the people that work in such places are caring and helpful.

Good Luck and God bless You

dropdeded
PCSS#26
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

You all rock! OMG - who knows where I'd be or what shape I'd be in mentally today if I didnt' have you guys to help me through the tough year I've had. And look atcha all now..... my biggest group of supporters! I feel so high right now! (All natural, of course!)B|

good luck! and remember, the support goes both ways. you've brought many a smile (or distraction!) to other people when they needed it as well... :S;):)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

dove, I am so happy for you! this way here you can get a feel for all of the different departments and see which one is for you...also, I am sure that once you find your spot, and are ready to go to school, most hospitals are willing to sponser you and help you with costs...this is a really good move!:)