meatmissile

The Non-Americans.

Hey MM and Scratch - when I come out to Cape Town in April can we organize an All-Africa dz.com record attempt? (a 5 way out of ASC should do it!

Morning Ferdi
I have a fourth. CrazyMel will be in CT by April, so now all we need is a fifth.

How was your weekend. You jump?

oky doky, crisis over, I've had my morning coffee at last, and now I can start my day again:D

What a weekend! I didn't get down the coast, didn't go white water rafting, but had a blast anyway. (my friend got her wires crossed - it was a kayak RACE that they were watching .... and I got all excited, oh well).

Spent friday night cheering up a friend who had hurt her back - sat yakking until 3am. Needless to say, a bit of a slow start on saturday, woke up a bit late, then charged up into the mountains hoping for some fun on the water. Negotiated some horrendous terrain in my little car, got there, discovered there was to be no paddling for me. Never mind, an ice cold beer in hand, I enjoyed the view - paddlers have GORGEOUS upper bodies .... yummmm

Saturday night, went to see Landscape Prayers at some little pub in the middle of nowhere. All the leftover hippies came out of the woodwork - turned out to be a very humorous evening - my word but those farmers can DRINK! I ended up having to drive our host home ... he's about 6ft 6 at least, and I had to half drag half carry him to the car, fold him in half to fit him into my car, and find my way back to his farm. Well, I had no clue where we were, and my navigator had passed out. Needless to say, I ended up in the wrong bloody town:S:$

SUnday morning hurt. But stepping out into this beautiful garden in the middle of the Drakensburg, well, it was breathtaking. And hot - I got my tan after all, but I'm afraid, tan lines as well. Sorry guys.

Stunning weekend, but a long drive back last night - lots of mist and windy roads and potholes and goats and stuff ....

So, now that you have sore eyes from reading all that, what did you chaps get up to?

Kerry

Aside from jumping I decided to ride my bike to Citrusdal. Saturday evening after a beer or two I then decided to demonstrate to the folks how much fun a bike can be. So I planted it for them.
This involves finding a firm piece of ground, getting the rear wheel spinning nicely and gradually digging the rear end in until the bike bottoms out. You then turn off the ignition and nonchalantly walk away leaving the bike standing there by itself all wreathed in smoke. Very funny........I will also be needing a new back tyre soon :D

How was your weekend. You jump?

No [:/]. My neck has been bothering me for the past five weeks - it's slowly getting better, but I don't want to chance anything just yet.

How was yours? I see you injured your ankle. Strange how we always injure ourselves with everything but skydiving :P.

--
ZZZzzzz....

Good morning world...

Quick, quick, come and see the Scottish sunshine...before it vanishes..B|B|..
Its gonna be a busy day, so I may not be post whoring at the usual rate, damn W stuff..:S

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

monday morning.jpg

Ok so instead of inane banter lets get a topic rolling.

THE LUCKIEST ESCAPE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN OR BEEN PART OF.

Here is mine....something I saw.

A chap is busy inside a pressure vessel (Large steel tank) He is busy inside cutting holes with a cutting torch.
It is a hot summer day and very hot work so he leans out of the tank and asks a chap nearby to put an air hose in the tank to help cool it.
This silly man cannot find a handy air hose but he can find an oxygen hose so he uses that instead.

5 minutes later ....KaBOOOOOOM the oxygen being pumped into the tank is detonated by the torch flame. The guy doing the cutting is blown straight out of the hole he has just made and sails half way across the workshop.
Damage:
Singed hair, ringing ears and a few bruises.:S

Oh and one black eye, broken nose and a missing tooth. (That is what happend to the idiot after Lucky Boy recovered his wits):ph34r:

Hey folks, in case you misse dit, and just to show there are no hard feelings, here is the Nacmac being somewht patriotic in support of our transatltic chums.....The snap was taken in deepest Texas, at Spaceland, where I met a great bunch of Dotcommers....
See www.Aerialfusion.com for more of Josh's cool pics.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

the Nac in the Hat.jpg

>So, now that you have sore eyes from reading all that, what did
>you chaps get up to?

Well, friday my roommate invited his friends from his hometown for a house warming party. Heavy drinking.

Then saturday, he invited another bunch of friends for another party. More heavy drinking.

Now, some weekend we should invite our mutual friends from school to a house warming party.

And then I should invite my skydiving buddies for a similar party.

A slight whistling noise can be heard from my liver already...

BTW, it was fun visiting the US(thread), but there really is no place like home.;)

Morning Hagar..

Beer Quotes

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
* Frank Zappa

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
* Ernest Hemmingway

Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
* Winston Churchill

He was a wise man who invented beer.
* Plato

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
* Catherine Zandonella

Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink.
* Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.
* Winston Churchill's reply

Sir, you are drunk.
* Lady Astor to Winston Churchill.
Yes, and you, madam, are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober.
* Winston Churchill's reply

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.
* David Daye

Work is the curse of the drinking class.
* Oscar Wilde

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
* Henny Youngman

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
* Benjamin Franklin

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.
* Deep Thought, Jack Handy

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
* Dave Barry

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
* Humphrey Bogart

People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot.
* Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
* Kaiser Wilhelm

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
* Dave Barry

I drink to make other people interesting.
* George Jean Nathan

They who drink beer will think beer.
* Washington Irving

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools.
* For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemmingway

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
* Dean Martin
--------------------

<>
Hey guys I just got a jump ticket and some good karma from Kris over on that other thread.
The ticket is mine but anybody want some good karma? I got lots.
<>

Theres more of where that came from in the American thread, you just have to come and ask for it!!!!!

This weekend.

There we were, barrelling along a very dark road in the middle of nowhere at somewhere around 4am, when my passenger decided he needed to puke.
Well, he kindly opened the door first, but forgot to ask me to pull over.
I grab a handful of shirt, to yank him back inside the car. He's not a small chap, so I wasn't terribly successful (thank goodness for seatbelts). At just that moment, a buck decides to run across the road.
Fortunately I hadn't had too much to drink (being the driver), I had slowed down, and the buck was a fast runner, but I did have to swerve, door swinging crazily in the breeze, passenger sending puke all over the place. I missed it by millimetres.
Said passenger just gave me a sheepish look when I yelled at him and promptly passed out again. My legs had turned to jelly, so I parked on the side of the road and had a ciggie before moving on.

And then there's the time I did a back loop off the back of a 4x4 and walked away with only a few roasties ....

and the time ... okay, so I am accident prone ....:S

Kerry