quade

First to admit I'm wrong -- again. (damn it!)

A couple of months ago, I had looked through the "FutureCam(tm)" and saw the U.S. attacking Iraq on this exact date, November 6, 2002.

I'm happy to announce I was wrong.

Anybody else got a better date?

Should we start a pool? With the Republican landslide yesterday, this is almost a lock -- it's only a matter of time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Canada has proved suprisingly successful in our use of it as a container for Canadians. Few have escaped.

...remember, we're of British ancestory just like you... but we share with the French :P

and with good neighbors (albeit sometime a bit noisy) to the South and nobody but penguins to the North, why would we WANT to escape?

(I know I know... "Penguins don't come from the Zoo they come from ther Antartic".... "BURMA!!")

Dave T

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

...remember, we're of British ancestory just like you... but we share with the French :P

and with good neighbors (albeit sometime a bit noisy) to the South and nobody but penguins to the North, why would we WANT to escape?
/reply]

The Brits? Basically common culture, but there is the language barrier. ;)

Escape? Darn, I had forgotten about the French. Well, if you have that going for you, staying is almost an imperative. I was in Winnipeg last and there was a dearth of French presence there, so I forgot. :D

Um, just a small point -- don't think there are ANY (native) pengiuns north of Canada.

Penguins are native to the southern hemisphere -- generally speaking closer to Antarctica but some do live quite a bit farther north, but none anywhere near the north pole. http://www.antarcticconnection.com/antarctic/wildlife/index.shtml
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

what, again? didn't we kick your asses hard enough last time? :)

Nah...We just gave up because it wasn't that much of a challenge and the media didn't play the way we wanted. (pulls souvenier took off shelf)
-----
~~~Michael

>:( I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you!

Can't you just give me a hint and slap me around some?

:ph34r:
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

A couple of months ago, I had looked through the "FutureCam(tm)" and saw the U.S. attacking Iraq on this exact date, November 6, 2002.

I'm happy to announce I was wrong.

Anybody else got a better date?

Should we start a pool? With the Republican landslide yesterday, this is almost a lock -- it's only a matter of time.

Still too early - don't forget Ramadan. Look to Jan/Feb if it's a go.

As there is a planting season and a harvest season, in some parts of the world there is a warfare season (historically, anyway). It's a bitch to fight in hot weather, especially when one is cooped up in MOPP-4 or an armored vehicle, so it won't happen in the Spring/Summer.

Fall/Winter bring their own problems too...

We don't have to now.

Remember when the Ayatollah released the hostages when Reagan was elected?

UN approval isn't relevant now. Convenient, and polite to obtain, but irrelevant.

Saddam is going down softly in the next 6 months. Targeted bombing, commando operations, then occupation without a shooting war. The US will set up a military government on the Japan model, and will run the country by proxy for about 10 years.

I don't agree with all of that, but that's my view through the the Mr. Peabody Way-Front machine.

Actually Deuce buddy, I believe the hostages were released the day Reagan was inaugurated. This was an obvious slap in Carter's face by the Iranians.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROFL I'll have to remember this the next time someone uses that on me.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

In Reply To

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you!

ROFL I'll have to remember this the next time someone uses that on me.

It's a great comeback, isn't it? hehehe

Actually Deuce buddy, I believe the hostages were released the day Reagan was inaugurated. This was an obvious slap in Carter's face by the Iranians.

I was vague on purpose cause I couldn't remember specifically when after he got elected. It still makes my point. The Iraquis respect strength. They are afraid now that the new cowboys in Washington are gonna nuke 'em. The situation was unstable before, and it's less stable now, and I think that will break in favor of removing Saddam. Maybe even without a conventional ground war.