FliegendeWolf

Michigan

Sigh...another crappy weather day. I'm afraid that they're just going to get worse and worse, too. Today it was cloudy and really windy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but they're forecasting rain... I'm getting a bit homesick here on the ground. :(
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Hi, Steve!

Sorry the weather in the skies isn't as sweet as the air temperature is!

I'm a Michigan gal who's working her way thru AFF. I eally was so hopeful for the weather yesterday! I even called up a DZ and talked about maybe paying for a spot on a plane to check out the drop zone even though I CAN'T AFFORD TO JUMP RIGHT NOW...

Hey, does anybody know of different DZs HERE that will allow you to pay for a spot on a plane if you DO NOT INTEND TO JUMP?

I'm curious to check out the DZs from above, just for the fun of it. I may end up needing to split the cost of renting a plane with a pilot friend otherwise.

Either way, it would still be cool to do...Especially since, really not many more good weather opportunities to jump left this year here in Michigan.

[:/] I feel your pain... The last 3 days out to the DZ, the weather is stunning and with my low jump numbers, the wind was too high...talk about feeling :S! Had nice times talking to everyone, practicing packing but to watch every load come down...made me ache! I love the people at my DZ 'n I know it's all about my safety, so there's always another day~:)

Amy

I jump at Napoleon Skydiving Center, and they usually let people go along for the ride in the Caravan. Only thing is the Caravan is gone for the season...won't be back until spring. Don't think there's room in the 182, but you can ask!!

Steve
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

yeah, well-- My dz called me at work to tell me they were jumping, so I rushed home and out to the dz (1hr). Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the winds had kicked up and were whistlin' an ugly tune. >:( So, no jumps. Can't wait for Eloy! I have to keep telling myself that. Hey, at Great Lakes Skydivers they will let an observer fill a load for $15. I think that is only if it is not really busy though. Is that what you were talking about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose