phatcat

Axl Rose

Anyone else here a G 'n' R fan? I'll admit it - I thought that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Axl was this out of control badass that I couldn't help but love in my "the-world-sucks" teenage years.

Fast forward to present time...

Rumors, rumors, rumors, blah, blah, blah... Slash hates Axl, Axl, hates everybody... But, somehow, hell freezes over and low and behold - THE GUNS AND ROSES WORLD TOUR!!! And wouldn't you know it, Axl doesn't show>:(>:(>:(!!!

What the HELL is wrong with this guy????

Sheeeeeeiiit. Used to love them, well still love their music. Maybe Axl just has to much cash stashed in the sock under the bed, right next to the nudy magazines? Maybe his coke is too pure? Yes it has to be the coke. He has a good dealer, anybody know the number?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

As of a few minutes ago (10:00 pm) for a show that was to go on at 9:00pm, their show still hadn't started here! The news says they are there and there will be a show! The police are ready for rioting, if it happens again tonight. Geez, I wish he would get his act together.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

They were ready for rioting because of their no-show last night in Vancouver and the rioting that took place. They did go on tonight, an hour late, but there was a show!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Dude, I have seen GnR 3 times now. Twice with Aerosmith and once with Metallica. All three times, Axel was late coming on stage. It's a trend with him and it probably will continue for as long as he is around.

I have to admin, GnR is one of my favorite bands. I have or had at one time all their albums including the bootlegs. They are playing the new years eve show here in San Jose. It is a toss up between seeing them play or staying overnite in Eloy!! :P:P

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

AXL can't perform until he is drugged up, and he can't tell how drugged up he needs to be before he passes out...

This happens with a lot of the old hair bands. Motley Crue tried to get back together, failure.
Van Halen tried to get back with David Lee, failure.

Listen to the old stuff and don't count on new.
-----------
Ready, Set, Gooooooo

i used to be a gnr fanatic back in the early nineties when slash was still around but since his departure i could care less given the fact i think he made the band. i was in vegas for new years and could have seen them play at the hard rock but i opted to gamble instead. i think the fascination with axl is he so controversial and unpredictable, thus u don't know what to expect out of him. however, this shit with him not showing is just that, SHIT! i think everyone should boycott them with antics like that. just my 2 cents.;)

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

I wouldn’t go so far as to call these guys – losers & complete druggies (‘cause they are under discussion at least), but undoubtedly G’n’R was the band with many “prominent figures” inside. So, they couldn’t “hide” their ego (neither Axl, Slash, Duff…because they are not skydivers;)) and we have all this shit now. Conclusion – let them understand this simple game and …. Nearly all our skydive’s video has G’n’R soundtrack (really fitted) and soon I hope we’ll need a new tracks – but tracks that all of as still waiting for … >:(

Drugs & Noses. Hmmmm....

Appetite for Destruction ruled.

GnR Lies was sort of "eh".

Use Your Illusion absolutely sucked.

I didn't even bother with The Spaghetti Incident. By then I had moved on to Metallica, Megadeth & Nirvana. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

[...] Motley Crue tried to get back together, failure.
Van Halen tried to get back with David Lee, failure.

Granted, Eddie van Halen is a brilliant guitar player but he remains a prick. Remember what he did to David Lee Roth just after they appeared together at the MTV awards in 1996? >:( Diamond Dave rocks!!B|

Rock on.

Winston

G.N.F.R. Used to Rock!!!

I've seen them twice now. The first time, Appetite had been out for a while, they weren't touring Use your illusion yet but were playing all the material... Skid row oppened. The second time, It was the G.N.R./Mettalica tour with faith-no-more and Soundgarden (Kick ass show!!!) That was the year, James Hetfeild got all burnt up in Montreal and Axl refused to play afterwards causing a huge riot. I got to see James take the bandages off his hands and play for the fist time during the second encore (Enter sandman and One)

Izzy Stradlin wrote Everything for G.N.R... When he left, they were left with what? Spaghetti incident? What a piece of garbage! Remember on Use your illusion II, the track near the end of the disk, "My World"? It's a kinda industrial techno shit-fest! That's the direction Axl wanted to take the band back then... And unfortunately, he owned the rights to the bands name and when the shit hit the fan, "Guns n' Roses" went to shit.

Having said that, I do posess a ticket to Axl's show in Toronto... if he shows ;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Dude, I have seen GnR 3 times now. Twice with Aerosmith and once with Metallica. All three times, Axel was late coming on stage. It's a trend with him and it probably will continue for as long as he is around

I get up around 7
Get out of bed around 9
I don't worry 'bout nothin' no
'coz worry's a waste of my time
;)
My other ride is the relative wind.

I get up around 7
Get out of bed around 9
I don't worry 'bout nothin' no
'coz worry's a waste of my time
;)

Now I get up around whenever
I used to get up on time
But that ol' man, he's a real mothaf**ka
gonna kick 'im all down the line
:)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Yep, Diamond Dave is the ultimate showman. It's a pity that I have never been able to see him. I used to contribute quite extensively to his mailing list about two years ago when Van Halen got rid of Gary Cherone and was sincerely hoping that Diamond Dave would get back with the Van Halen brothers. Man, those guys used to define rock 'n roll all over again.

I don't want to get involved in a DLR versus Sammy Hagar argument (as I have been in so many before) but it's noteworthy that Sammy Hagar reduced VH to just another pop band.

BTW, you meant to say the Rothtoberfest and not Rocktober, didn'tcha:D

Rock on.

Winston

While I like GnR...I saw them in their first back-together performance at the MTV music video awards and thought Axl sucked. He seemed too tired to run and sing at the same time. His hair was in braids. He sang "Welcome to the Jungle" and it just SUCKED. Excuse my french;-)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.