chiquita24

D-bag question

I bought a brand new stock mirage M2-fits a 143R and a 150 main, which is exactly what I have. I haven't even jumped it yet, but I HATE the d-bag. I feel like the "mouth" of it is so small and I am struggling to pack my rig now. I've never had a issue packing. Is it possible to buy a different d-bag.

I bought a brand new stock mirage M2-fits a 143R and a 150 main, which is exactly what I have. I haven't even jumped it yet, but I HATE the d-bag. I feel like the "mouth" of it is so small and I am struggling to pack my rig now. I've never had a issue packing. Is it possible to buy a different d-bag.

Yes.

A popular choice is the UPT semi-stowless bag, that's what I have and I love it.

Contact a rigger to determine compatibility and avoid surprises.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I also have a new Mirage G4 (M4 size). I know that Mirage makes their d-bags not perfect rectangles on purpose -- it's supposed to help the rig shape correctly. I still use the stock d-bag so I have no personal experience trying something else, but it's something to consider.

Is it possible to buy a different d-bag.

It's also possible to learn different packing techniques.

Roll the tail more or less to change the amount of bulk in the center. (Or don't roll it at all and just fold it a'la'psycho)

Change the shape of your cocoon -- wider or more tapered towards the d-bag.

Most likely a more controlled pack will fit the bag better. And saves you $130 over a new bag that might make your container look funny.

Hey, who remembers when bags had splits in them to make these "new slippery canopies" easier to pack?

Mirage makes 2 types of dbags i thought. one with a solid seam where the locking bands connect and another with a split seam that requires the middle locking band to go thru two grommets to close the opening making a larger opening to stuff the chute into...
Woot Woot!

To all, Mirage had discontinued the split bag when I had worked there ('08-'09) the were no requests for it and had more time building it. They do have 2 "styles" of bag; One for the G3 which is a standard rectangle, and one for the G4 which is teardrop shape. I do believe they do sell the semi-stowless bag or get them made by UPT but it should remain the same shape or it will not fill your container correctly and you'll have areas that are either too loose, too tight or both. My recommendation is to adjust your packing. Your cocoon should be about 1-2" wider than the opening of the bag before you start your "s" folds. Most people try and make it really skinny and you're just making more work for yourself and making the rig harder to close considering you've put all the bulk in the middle of the bag and now all the flaps have to stretch to get over that bulk for it to close. I know it seems tight to get in there but the biggest thing is to keep control of the fabric and slowly work it into the bag until you get comfortable doing it. Hope this helps:)

Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws