misskriss

What is cheating?

LOL.. almost everything nowadays is a rehash of something or other.... I brought it up because it was an interesting thread, not cause it's been done already
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

So, if your SO were talking to members of the opposite sex online..and when I say talking.. I mean.."talking..." would that bother you?

I think it would depend upon the nature of the conversation. If it was casual chatting about the weather or skydiving, that wouldn't be a concern.

If it was cyber-flirting or cyber you-know-what, that's another matter.

If one is concerned, one should get one's SO *directly* involved; make them aware of the conversation.

Trouble is, it's easy to be anonymous online, and easy to get dragged into a "relationship" online that doesn't really exist. It's like smoking really. You can enjoy it immensely, but it will take its toll, and in the end, it's better not to have started in the first place.

That old remark, "You looked a lot better in the chat room" really isn't very funny when you look at it closely.

Be careful.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Hi, Misskriss...

So, if your SO were talking to members of the opposite sex online..and when I say talking.. I mean.."talking..." would that bother you?

I have two questions here....

1. What would you do if you found your husband (I hate the term S/O) doing exactly the same thing as you..."talking"...? Would you be fine with it? Would it hurt you? Would it be a violation of your trust inhim? I have often found that imagining swapping places and the results really clarifies what the truth is for me.

2. Do you want others' opinions, or are you just putting this out for general discussion?

I asked #2 because if it is for general discussion, I'll give my opinion freely and without reservation...but if it is not rhetorical, then I am not sure I am in a genuine position to do so, because everyone's relationships are different, with different boundaries, expectations, needs, joys and problems. (Edited to be totally honest here, as well...I am not sure my opinion would be impartial, because my ex had an affair, which started on-line...)

Whichever, I hope you find the info you're looking for....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Wow, no oneliner's here.

What is cheating? I read an article on the different views of this based on gender. It seems that if the offer from Indecent Proposal were placed to a married couple, the answers would be very diffferent. The male would mostly not agree to having his wife rented out while the female would be more likely to agree to loan the male to another woman.

Why? The article went on to describe that due to evolution, men see sex as the binding force of relationships, couple that with the desire to spread their lineage. While women seem to feel that emotional and physical well bieng of herself and her offspring are the big parts. Proof can be found in how many polygamist ( one husband and numerous wives) societies are around and have been versus the extremely low number of molygamist (sp?) (one wife, numerous husbands) socieities that have ever existed.

The P societies seem to do better since the women feel that as long as their feelings and their children are taken care of there is no huge deal with the hubby's physical indiscretions, but the M societies have never really taken off due to the males in it seeing any form of physical emotion shared between the wife and her other husbands as an afront to their alpha male desires, and leads to rather violent reprocussions.

So what is cheating, to a man, holding mands with someone else. To a woman, giving your emotions via online or mail to someone.

Just a thought, but what do I know,

Me cheat on Amy, Me wind up in pool of my own blood:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Just curious actually... i've had this discussion many times with others and get all kinds of answers.

1. What would you do if you found your husband (I hate the term S/O) doing exactly the same thing as you..."talking"...? Would you be fine with it? Would it hurt you? Would it be a violation of your trust inhim? I have often found that imagining swapping places and the results really clarifies what the truth is for me.

and this isn't necessarily about meeeee... general discussion....

not so much "cheating" but "deceiving"...I personally wouldn't do anything to anyone else that I would not want done to me. Personally, it would hurt me if my husband was chatting online that way to other women, for one it may be giving the other woman the wrong impression about his intentions, and two, it is not being very respectful to the relationship that we have...I dunno...I can be friendly-flirtatious while single but if I am even just simply dating someone I stop...just wouldn't want it to be done to me.[:/] I experienced something like that with (2) ex's of mine...I just don't get it; it makes me hate the friggin internet.:(

***Yeah and if you let the neighbor's dog lick the peanut butter off of your balls, its not really cheating, since its like not your dog***

That's funny!!! hee hee hee:D
I've been cheated on by an absolute prick. I am definately not over it, and I now find it hard to trust anyone...so I have really strong views when it comes to cheating. :(

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

I think that what constitutes cheating is a very relationship-specific thing. Every couple sets their own parameters for acceptable and unacceptable behavior (either explicitly or implicitly). Therefore, if a couple (and such couples do exist) has no problem with one partner kissing other people, then that would not constitute cheating. If a couple decides that even a neckrub is considered cheating, then it is.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All