williammonk

Odyssey Size Question

TJNK is built for a main "ZP up to 139." Generally speaking you can go up or down one size from what the container was made to fit, unless the canopy is bulkier (like a crossbraced or airlocked canopy). You should be able to fit a Sabre2 150 in that container.

Call Larry at SunPath with your specific question to get it from the horse's mouth: (910) 875-9002.
Arrive Safely

John

Generally speaking you can go up or down one size from what the container was made to fit, unless the canopy is bulkier (like a crossbraced or airlocked canopy). You should be able to fit a Sabre2 150 in that container.

But FYI, it "should" fit better in Florida (or other humid climate) than it will in Arizona (or other dry climate). Canopies pack bigger in drier air.

And that said, just because it "should" fit doesn't make it a good idea...

Thanks for the replies guys.

I talked to the guys at SunPath, they said no.

I figured I'd ask the community, since it makes sense that (from a liability standpoint) sunpath would recommend a larger size.

It's funny, I asked them if a Velo 120 would fit in it and they said it would. When I told them that PD says the Velo 120 and sabre2 150 pack the same size, they still gave me the distinctive "no."

So looks like I'm gonna go with the TJNK - Sabre2 150 combo. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

William.

You can. It will suck but you can. I've been doing it with an OJ and a Crossfire 2 149. After about a year of wrestling this thing into the container I gave up. The container looked crappy too. Now I keep a 129 in it. Much better.

What you asked them was if it fits, not whether you can cram it in there. Believe them.

Something you might try: Borrow a D-bag for an TJNK/OJ, Put it in your container for a weekend and do a bunch of jumps. The canopy just doesn't fit well. You can do it, but not well. Also, you might get the bright idea to just get a bigger D-bag. You can do that too, but it will not work very well either. If your container was ugly with the 150 and the regular bag, it will be even uglier with the bigger one.

I figured I'd ask the community, since it makes sense that (from a liability standpoint) sunpath would recommend a larger size.

It's funny, I asked them if a Velo 120 would fit in it and they said it would. When I told them that PD says the Velo 120 and sabre2 150 pack the same size, they still gave me the distinctive "no."

So looks like I'm gonna go with the TJNK - Sabre2 150 combo. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

William.

William.

:)
Thanks for letting us know that you are intentionally going to ignore the manufacturers advice...

Again...

Be shure to get it on your Go Pro...
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Its 10 sqft.... 10 sqft....good for you OP, i have no problem at all getting my saf 149 in there. Definitely not putting any stress on flaps or grommets, Which would be the main problem. The dbag is the only tight part and once you get the hang of it its fine. Stick it to the man! ANARCHY!! Haha B|