jgilbs06

Stock wings

Hello everyone! Just got a little pay bump from work and I'm in the market for a new container. I don't want to spend a ton of money my wife and I need every penny at the moment. However, I saw wings is currently offering 40% off stock wings containers. I'm currently flying a Sabre 150 with a little over 200 jumps so looking to downsize to a 135 in the very near future. Thinking of buying a wings w-8 stock rig looks like this will fit my 150 Sabre and 150 tempo.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Anyways anyone have ny input on the stock rigs ???? I'm flying a old dolphin at the moment so just about anything is an upgrade. Also anyone know if the best dealer to buy from is who around is going to give me the fairest price :)??? Thanks everyone

...looking to downsize to a 135 in the very near future.

So, you think you're ready for a high-performance canopy?

Can you do everything consistently, already - as seen on THIS list?
At 100 jumps, you've probably barely even had sufficient opportunity to have even tried all of these, let alone having successfully accomplished them.

Just something to also consider, is all.

The Mfr should be able to tell you which canopies (and what size/ranges) will fit in their rig before / as you are ordering it.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Hello everyone! Just got a little pay bump from work and I'm in the market for a new container. I don't want to spend a ton of money my wife and I need every penny at the moment. However, I saw wings is currently offering 40% off stock wings containers. I'm currently flying a Sabre 150 with a little over 200 jumps so looking to downsize to a 135 in the very near future. Thinking of buying a wings w-8 stock rig looks like this will fit my 150 Sabre and 150 tempo.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Anyways anyone have ny input on the stock rigs ???? I'm flying a old dolphin at the moment so just about anything is an upgrade. Also anyone know if the best dealer to buy from is who around is going to give me the fairest price :)??? Thanks everyone

40% off from basic harness/container.look at option stock rigs have, then check the price of that options - you will be surprised :)

Rigs and things sell Wings with 30% off, but you get to choose options that you want. Do you need tie dye, pin stripes, SS hardware? If no just go for 30% off with only options you need if any.

BTW, that W8 they have right now may be a good buy since there is no expensive options on it. Call them and ask if cut in laterals can be added for free since it's listed as special.

Here is a place I would buy Wings if I would be on the market.

http://www.para-service.com/sunrise.htm

Definitely worth pricing up the total cost for the container with options, as the options can add quite a lot to the cost.

Then worth looking into the cost of other containers with the same options, and compare to see which one(s) still hold your interest.

Wings are really nice rigs. My first custom made one was a Wings and I loved it. But definitely worth doing full research.

The like of chutingstar list a lot of the options for each container on their pages and give you a price including the chosen options as you go.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

my wife and I need every penny at the moment. However, I saw wings is currently offering 40% off stock wings containers.

It's 40% off the 'retail' price, and nobody pays retail. Dealers tend to give between 20% and 30% off of the 'retail' price as an everyday business practice.

It's like the MSRP on cars. They make them artifically high so the dealers can adverstise '$2000 off MSRP!!!".

I'm flying a old dolphin at the moment so just about anything is an upgrade.

Here's the good news, for $600 or less, you can find a used rig that will be better than a Dolphin and less than half the price of a wings. Pretty much any Vector 3, Javelin, Infinity, Mirage, or Wings made after 1999 or 2000 would be a nice upgrade.

I won't speak to your intended downsize as I have no idea of when you're planning on actually doing it. All I can say, and this goes for any downsize, is don't be stupid and find a staff member at your DZ who doesn't like you or downsizing, and ask them if you're ready. If they agree, you might be ready, otherwise stick with what you have.

With a coupon, the Wing’s is a great bargain. I've been extremely happy with mine. Keep in mind, it's only a good deal if it fits your needs and has the options you need.

I had mine sized for a 150 Stiletto (because my next canopy will be larger, not smaller). It fits my 135 stiletto very nicely. I'd suggest you talk to the great people at Wings and see what they'd recommend. That's what I did and they were extreamly helpful.

As to the downsize.... In the above scenario, you'll be able to keep jumping that 150 for many years until you’re truely ready for the downsize. B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."