treiparinti

Visual altimeter on wristband

Hi,
Does anyone have this setup, or something similar?
How exactly the neptune is connected on the elastic wristband? If anybody has a photo(other side of the alti), that would be great.
http://store.performancedesigns.com/products.php?product=PD-Wristband
Thanks

Neptune comes with a Velcro wristband, it just mounts to that via the mounting plate on the back...that what / how I use - wrist-mount Neptune.

The elastic band is the same...alti on one side mounting plate on the other.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I saw one fly off a few weeks ago in freefall. Not near as tight or secure as an adjustable velcro strap. Cool factor not worth $300 to me.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I saw one fly off a few weeks ago in freefall. Not near as tight or secure as an adjustable velcro strap. Cool factor not worth $300 to me.

Yeah...and getting it ripped off by bad wrist grips is a potential problem.

I wear mine velcroed tight - mid forearm 90 degrees from top-dead-center.

I can see it easily & it's very secure, I don't like anything 'snagable' on my wrists & hands.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

From the page you linked ;):

Product Description
Don't let sweat get in your way. Pick up a PD sweatband or two and beat the heat. You can also attach your digital altimeter by threading the screws through the wristband between the mounting plate and altimeter itself.

$30 vs $10 is what I'm looking at here ;p

Could always go to the dollar store and buy some elastic and make your own if you are worried about a few bucks....hell sew it directly to your arm for even less or steal some packing tape and tape it to your arm :P

This is not the sport to be in if worried about $20 to to hold a $200 piece of gear ;)

2 years ago I lost an N3 because the velcro it came with didn't hold well. It came off in freefall, on video and when I sent the video to them to tell them their velcro sucked they basically said "tough luck" and offered to sell me another. I bought a Viso. Cheaper and better customer service.

To ensure I never lost another alti, I sewed the hand-mount piece from the Viso onto this simple, $5 'wrist guard' from the sporting good store. I don't even do the velcro up tight, just enough to make sure the thing can't move past my hand. The elastic is still good about 1000 jumps later. Total cost: $5 for band, pennies in thread and about 5 minutes of my time.