katiebear21

Bad Day... Need HELP!

B|I've just had a really shitty day - the guys I work with were being self-centered pricks, my car died (again), I missed another opportunity to Jumpmaster a C-17, AND I posted this in the wrong forum the first time! I figured the best way to compensate was to post whore, drink, and think of things to buy that I really can't afford.

That brings me to my next dilemma. I'm not at all creative and I'm having a hard time putting colors together for my canopy I hope to order after the Eloy Boogie. I've attached a picture of my rig (I bought a demo from SP last month) but basically I've committed the ultimate sin and bought a rig with both purple and pink. That's not normally my thing but I actually think it looks pretty cool.

Anyway - need help with the colors. I'm going to buy a Sabre2 and so far I'm liking the colors Blackberry (which is really just purple), Magenta, and Black. I was thinking of adding either Silver or White so it wasn't so dark.

Any ideas?

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Kt's Rig.JPG

Anyway, you don't want too dark, try white with colored ribs. It's a really pretty look. Another possibility is a white bottom skin with the top skin colored the way you like (but don't include the black if you do that -- it looks muddy).

It's a soft, pretty effect. I'm a girl, and I can get away with that soft, pretty shit. B|

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Katie-
I like your rig a lot! Here's a picture of my stock Sabre2 that I have. It has the blackberry, magenta and white on it and I think it's pretty cool. You could do something similar, but put the black on the end cells maybe.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

canopy.JPG

>I'm personally in favor of bright and easily visible canopies.

Unfortunately, that varies with DZ. At Eloy, neon green is very visible, but in NY during the summer it just blends into the trees. So neon yellow or orange you say? Works until fall rolls around, and the trees are all yellow and orange. Blue? Works most places, but might be a mistake when jumping in Hawaii. White? Quickly becomes brown in most of the DZ's out here, which is invisible.

I learned the hard way that even the brightest of canopies can be downright chameleon-like. I guess the most visible canopies are the ones that are the brightest primary colors that don't appear regularly at your DZ.

Mine is purple, white and pink so it would match well enough. I would think it would be easily spotted in case of a cutaway (yuck) and it would go with your rig.

Of course it goes against SAPPS...but who really cares???

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

don't knock on just the purple/pink, that is a sharp lookin rig! and besides it has lots of black too...that's a color isn't it?:S

anyhow, white in a canopy is cool sometimes, i've seen some really dirty ones though. do you always pack inside where it's clean? if you do get white, think about avoiding it for the center cell - that's the one that always seems to get dirtiest the quickest! white ribs can be pretty cool.B|

happy hunting!

That rig looks great.B|

I like the idea of a light colored bottom skin with colored ribs/topskin. Go to Square 1's page and you can play with all the manufacturer's canopy coloring schemes. Oh, that's right, you said you were going to get Sabre 2, so you can go there or just to PD's webpage.

Have fun.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Great rig!

My Sabre2 colors are black, blackberry, and blue. The only recommendation I would make is to have the center cell stand out for help with packing.

Say blackberry, black, blackberry, black, blue, black, blackberry, black, blackberry. The black makes the colors seem a lot brighter against the sky.

You'll love the Sabre2.

Blue skies,

Jim

After plugging around on the web site for the last couple days I like that idea too. I'm thinking the blackberry (x2), magenta (x2) with the middle cell black. That's pretty dark though. I can't tell how it would like with the top/bottom different colors (possibly lighter).

Thanks for the idea!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Black is a good choice for the top center cell b/c that's the one that gets all the packing filth on it. Always try to put a bright cell somewhere on it for others to see on your way down, and as an aid to help you find it if you have to look for it one day due to a mal.

jumpervali

"Sandwiches" also look really cool. I had a Safire that was neon pink top and bottom with blackberry ribs. I thought it looked really sharp - yes, I hate pink and purple but a) I didn't choose the colors and b) it was free for me to use.

My current canopy is turquoise top and bottom (except the center cell; that's black) with silver ribs. The silver inside doesn't show up much, but it does seem to "lighten up" the turquoise blue when it's in the air.

Play with a canopy coloring program for a while. Just remember that the colors you see on the screen may or may not be the exact colors you'll get on the canopy; everyone's monitor shows colors a bit differently.

My canopy (still incoming) has neon green topskin and bottom, with neon purple ribs. I'm hoping that the purple shows through the bottom skin in bright light. I love how white canopies with dark ribs look, but it wouldn't stay white too long out here.

Purple or pink is not a sin and sapps are just saps. Any color can look sharp in the right context. My colors are black and purple but it just worked out that way. Half my gear is nearly new but used and for every remark about purple I get many more about how good it looks overall, I didn't pick em.
And I like your colors too. Glen.

i have found the problem with your day........your in the army!!!!!!......go airforce

You don't know how bad I'm regretting that now! If I only knew!

I'm guessing that you have been giving it a try with the "interactive color pattern" sites for canopies ei.PD's site & Square one.
Getting the colored ribs to show thru the bottom skin is great and an all Magenta top skin with all Black berry ribs and bottom skin all white. Pick one side where 2nd from end cell to be blackberrytop&bottom for a single stripe/racing stripe effect.
I wish I could show you the design for my Sabre2 and a Cobalt (I'm getting ready to make a demo weekend for choosing).
Best wishes,
-Grant

Hey, Katiebear...

Sorry to hear about your bad day...I understand (sending you a comfort hug right now! <<>>). I can't help you with canopy colors, but ou have fun doing it...and have a beer.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hey, Katiebear...

Sorry to hear about your bad day...I understand (sending you a comfort hug right now! >>). I can't help you with canopy colors, but ou have fun doing it...and have a beer.

Ciels-
Michele

Thanks[:/]
Love,
-Grant:ph34r: