skygal3

farkin A it's cold...

It's funny living out here in California. I grew up for almost 7-8 years in New Hampshire when I was younger. I understand the freezing cold winters. When the temperatures would get up to 50's in the spring everyone would be in shorts and t-shirts. Out here in CA when it gets down to 50 degrees people start wearing their friggen snow parkas(sp?). It's just crazy!:S

Just drink lots n lots of hot cocoa, wear your long johns, keep the fire going, and find someone to keep you warm in bed at night. You could also go out and buy a great dane to keep you warm at night. *Just to sleep by you sicko's:P:ph34r: get you heads out of the gutter...:)

I don't want to pour salt on the....well....yeah...but only a little:

83°F

Partly Cloudy

Feels Like 80°F
UV Index: 2 Minimal
Dew Point: 37°F
Humidity: 19%
Visibility: Unlimited miles
Pressure: 30.08 inches and rising
Wind: From the South Southwest at 3 mph
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
As reported at J. Wayne Arpt., CA Last Updated Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 9:53 AM Pacific Standard Time (Thursday, 12:53 PM EST).

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The place to be CA,
Nice temp year round.
Texas ain't bad 70 rising, the surf is up. the only thing we need is a Pilot and we'll be up there
CIelos azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

:oAha!! I was born in International Fall, MN

For the uninitiated, that's the little speck of the country that the weatherman is pointing out as the coldest spot in say February... :P

Time there was short lived though...went to the more moderate climate of New England... :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

try this: bismarck, north dakota! brrrrr!!!!!! i left north dakota and relocated to the balmy haven of minneapolis :S. i'm living in new york for only four more weeks and then i'm off to SUNNY CALIFORNIA!!! after a lifetime of shivering and frostbitten winters, you can bet your sweet ass i'm looking forward to this!

spiral out...keep going...

EVERYWHERE!!!!
seriously, though...my boyfriend and i are embarking on a massive roadtrip - out to california and then heading east until we reach florida. we don't have any set itinerary or schedule; we'll probably head to the bay area first, check out the drop zones there, stick around until we think we're ready to move on, and head out. arrive at the next location and repeat.

i was planning on writing a post in a couple of weeks to give a shout out to all you CA based jumpers, to get advice on where to jump, what to do and see, and the likelihood of getting short term jobs in the area. your thoughts?
spiral out...keep going...

It depends what kind of work you are looking for. If it is DZ work well quite a few jumpers from northern DZ's are starting to wind their way down to warmer climates as we speak. Almost all DZ's in the San Francisco Bay Area all have twin turbine aircraft of some sort. And well the same for the southern CA DZ's. Not a whole lot in between North and South. Well there's little ones in the middle but nothing quite as large as The Bay Area or LA area.

It really depends what you're looking for. I would imagine a trip entering Northern CA, working your way down South, then cutting accross the southern US back to Florida would be an epic trip for sure. Let us know when you'll be in town...B|

BRRRRRRRRR.........

Am I the only one freezing here??? It is cold!!!! Everyone is looking at me like I am strange too because I am typing with gloves on...geez...it's only gonna get colder http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/021119coldforecastWI.html

I'm in for a looooooooonnnngggggggg winter...shiver
I need coffee. Stat.

skygal, we're gonna have thanksgiving boogie at jumptown next weekend (jumptown.com).

here is an original email about it. you're welcome to come over and jump !

==============

Only One Week Left!!!

3rd Annual Jumptown Thanksgiving Boogie!!

Jumping to start Wednesday afternoon!

A couple of turbine aircraft....including Jumptown's own Spankin' Otter! Plenty of pilots and airplanes!

Load organizers for all levels- no one left out!

Formation loads!?!

Bring out your old skydiving videos- first jump videos, etc to share with everyone! (It gets dark early...)

Thanksgiving Dinner at 5 PM on Thursday- (please RSVP to Rose or Diane Pond if you plan on attending)

As everyone that attended before knows- A good time had by all... no matter what the weather! Bring all your winter clothes....

*Camping available for the brave. Shower facilities and restrooms available. For anyone interested in staying over check out the Jumptown website for local accomodations. Floor space is usually available in the club.

Please pass this on to anyone not on email. :)

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Texas ain't bad 70 rising, the surf is up. the only thing we need is a Pilot and we'll be up there

Hey, we gonna jump today? You want to try to talk Todd into flying a H&P sunset load?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ummm, no one said anything about snow. Gotta love living by the lake and getting lake effect snow. First snow of the year and everyone is driving like an ass. Not to mention, it's friggin freezing. I don't think I will ever get used to this crap. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose