Deci

Racer Features

(Full disclosure - I am a Jumpshack dealer)

I've just posted a page on my website that explains the features of the Jumphack Racer - with detailed pictures!

For anyone who doesn't know about this rig, check the page out, it explains in words and pictures the features of the rig. This is something that doesn't exist on the Jumpshack website, so I figured this would be the best place to link it.

Enjoy:

http://bard.ca/skydiving/jumpshack-dealer/racer-features/
CSPA D-1046 TI Coach2 RiggerA JM SSI SSE GCI EJR Canadian 102-way record holder
bard.ca

Nice job!

They make great gear but have a terrible website. They started doing some cool stuff on Facebook. It is listed under Parachute Labs, not Racer or Jumpshack.

This is just my opinion, but I really believe that if they changed their online presence, it would change their public perception.

(Full disclosure - I am a Jumpshack dealer)

I've just posted a page on my website that explains the features of the Jumphack Racer - with detailed pictures!

For anyone who doesn't know about this rig, check the page out, it explains in words and pictures the features of the rig. This is something that doesn't exist on the Jumpshack website, so I figured this would be the best place to link it.

Enjoy:

http://bard.ca/skydiving/jumpshack-dealer/racer-features/

This is just my opinion, but I really believe that if they changed their online presence, it would change their public perception.

That is *exactly* why I made this page. I believe the same thing.

Wrap the jumpshack website in pretty pictures and visual explanations, and all of a sudden it would be a whole new ball game.
bard.ca

Alain, can you make a webpage or video showing how to pack the racer reserve while getting the pilot chute to sit flush? Every one of Racer repacks requires an extra hour of me watching Nancy pack, only to have mine look wobbly.

Great explanations.

Thanks for the kudos. It's appreciated. I am pleasantly surprised by the reaction that people are having to this visual explanation.

As for packing, it just takes practice. The rig in the pictures (my rig) has a 4" Reserve Pilot chute cap, which makes it much easier to seat properly in a small rig. It's all about making space for the spring before you even try to seat it.
bard.ca

I like your website. Good and informative. However, I'm not sure this one is such a strong selling point:

The harness is made from MIL Spec “Black Trace” Type 13 webbing. Jumpshack is the only manufacturer to use this stronger webbing designed to fit parachute hardware without slipping.

Cheaper “Yellow Trace” Type 7 webbing was originally designed for, and is not as strong.

It appears two different claims may be made here. 1st that the type 7 may not be as strong. That may be true but it is apparently strong enough.

The proper fitting of the hardware is a little more debatable as you do here of hardward slipping occasionally on other rigs but it appears cleaning the hardware or webbing stops this.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Two things: Under "Main Container Design" you make it sound like you can close all 4 flaps in any order. This is not exactly true. Left and right, yes. But not top and bottom.

And you missed a very important factor about the Racer: you can buy (have installed) both the main and reserve cut-away handles as slim D ring design.

It appears two different claims may be made here. 1st that the type 7 may not be as strong. That may be true but it is apparently strong enough.

Most manufacturers that use Type 7 double the webbing, so yes, while doubled Type 7 is strong enough, it's also double the webbing and (almost) double the weight of webbing.

As for the slipping issue. There is a whole history to it. The hardware (metal) parts were designed in the days of cotton webbing, and when they started making webbing from Nylon, Type 13 is the closest approximation to what the old cotton webbing was, with "ridges" in the webbing to prevent the hardware from slipping. Type 7 is thinner (which is why it has to be doubled) and is nice and smooth on its surface, which is why it is more prone to slip.
bard.ca

Two things: Under "Main Container Design" you make it sound like you can close all 4 flaps in any order. This is not exactly true. Left and right, yes. But not top and bottom.

Actually, on a Racer 2k3, while it won't look as pretty, you can in fact close top/bottom in the wrong order and still be able to close - and it will function properly. If you totally mess up and close sides first, then top then bottom, then the topflap won't tuck, but it will still function!

On the Classic Racer, you have to close top flap last, but its design makes it pretty obvious.

And you missed a very important factor about the Racer: you can buy (have installed) both the main and reserve cut-away handles as slim D ring design.

I was going for standard features (mentioning the options if they were included in the pictures) but, yes there are several available options (Tie-die, anyone) ;)
bard.ca

As for the slipping issue. There is a whole history to it. The hardware (metal) parts were designed in the days of cotton webbing, and when they started making webbing from Nylon, Type 13 is the closest approximation to what the old cotton webbing was, with "ridges" in the webbing to prevent the hardware from slipping. Type 7 is thinner (which is why it has to be doubled) and is nice and smooth on its surface, which is why it is more prone to slip.

Thanks for this comprehensive answer. I understand better now.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Can't you do that for nearly any rig you custom order?

I know it was a listed option on the last rig I ordered, from a different manufacturer.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Does Racer offer articulation

Yes they do, but it's really not needed in this harness geometry. Racers are comfortable with or without articulation. Without it also saves on weight (metal and a bit of extra webbing).

You can get almost any option you can think of...
bard.ca

High five Mike!

Don't worry so much about deadline. Go rock this thing!

I've been thinking about this for a while. Most of the online presence I see has been John coming on to refute some inaccurate statement, people complaining about something and the work that someone is putting in to the Facebook page. What I don't really see is the company seriously promoting their product. They just defend it.

Show us why you think the products are so cool. Show us lots of pictures of really tricked out rigs. Show us all of your products from lots of angles and with lots of close-ups. Show us all of the details and creativity that goes into each rig. Show us a running slide show of every sport rig that comes off the line. Show us promotions that the company is having. Make this the kind of interactive website that is updated often enough that people want to come back and see what is new.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with! Let us know when it is up and running.

We have heard the people and I am working on a more functional website as we speak. With any luck (and lack of sleep on my part) it should be operational in the next 2-3 weeks,:)