mccordia

Please...don't let him/her start skydiving!

MY FIRST POST ON THE NEW FORUM!!!
Wooppie ;)
I haven't posted that many messages, so a quick introduction.
I'm Jarno from Holland. I've got 19 jumps at the moment, just started freefalling and I'm just in love with the sport (sport? lifestyle!)
Since I started skydiving last year (oktober) most feedback from my family and friends was possitive. My dad is going for a tandemjump, and my younger brother and nephew have signed up for the same S/L cource this coming May
My mother is the only one not too happy about this, but she does understand why 'I like it so much' (understatement;)
My niece did a tandemjump two months ago and also want to start skydiving...and then I have a little sister who can't wait untill she turns 18 (3 more years to go though;)
The most fun are the people who thought I went mad when I started skydiving....they now think my entire family is loosing it hahahah!
I have an old 'buddy' who has changed quite a bit the last few years. He is not realy the most pleasant person to be around. Always making fun of other folks, trying to look good by making others look bad, and making 'snappy' comments that sometimes realy hurt people..
Since I started skydiving, he's been a verry 'though and cool'.
Constantly saying how he'll start jumping when he has the money, and trying to make me feel like I'm shit for even trying something like skydiving. The bad thing is, it looks it might actualy happen sometime around fall this year.
Why is he your friend you might ask...he's not anymore...but he is also my colegue at work...so I have to deal with him.
His 'big talking' doesn't bother me, and neither do his nasty comments hurt, but the thought of him starting skydiving just makes me think....GEEEEZZ, NO WAY!
So my (lengthy) question is...
Instead of wanting to 'convert' people around you, have any of you ever had people from which you thought..."Oh..Please..he is the last person in the world I would want to see skydiving..."
greetz and blue skies!
Jarno
www.3dluvr.com/mccordia/

Case of Beer!
Ok, well, I would say make sure that your co-worker jumps, atleast once. It is amazing what skydiving can do for people, changing attitudes and perspectives. Motivate him to jump and see what happens. I bet it would be for the better. :)AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

don't worry. negative people usually find a way to filter themselves out after a couple of jumps. to speed the process, if you have more than one dz near you, reccomend the one you don't jump at. also try to get them at the biggest dz you can find. it will be harder for them to fit in, at least at california dz's. if all else fails, wait until they have ten jumps, cuz then they will know everything about the sport, and bring them on a scare-way. clobber them if you get the chance, and say funnels are normal.

Yeah, you should get them on the Shark combat rw loads. There's always a chance of somebody bleeding or getting bruised from hard docks, etc. A full-face helmet is recommended, but may not help if it is not properly secured. And even after break-off at 2 grand, you need not track for more than 2 seconds. This will ensure an *accurate* spot. Other landings achieved are considered accuracy types as long as the ramp-dude is within driving distance or cell phone range. As always, one must have fun, during a FUNnel complete your log book during the short ride to the hospital. Sedatives are optional. Traditions must also be respected if it is you *first* time.

Wooppie ;)
I haven't posted that many messages, so a quick introduction.
I'm Jarno from Holland. I've got 19 jumps at the moment, just started freefalling and I'm just in love with the sport (sport? lifestyle!)
Since I started skydiving last year (oktober) most feedback from my family and friends was possitive. My dad is going for a tandemjump, and my younger brother and nephew have signed up for the same S/L cource this coming May
My mother is the only one not too happy about this, but she does understand why 'I like it so much' (understatement;)
My niece did a tandemjump two months ago and also want to start skydiving...and then I have a little sister who can't wait untill she turns 18 (3 more years to go though;)
The most fun are the people who thought I went mad when I started skydiving....they now think my entire family is loosing it hahahah!

I have an old 'buddy' who has changed quite a bit the last few years. He is not realy the most pleasant person to be around. Always making fun of other folks, trying to look good by making others look bad, and making 'snappy' comments that sometimes realy hurt people..
Since I started skydiving, he's been a verry 'though and cool'.
Constantly saying how he'll start jumping when he has the money, and trying to make me feel like I'm shit for even trying something like skydiving. The bad thing is, it looks it might actualy happen sometime around fall this year.

Why is he your friend you might ask...he's not anymore...but he is also my colegue at work...so I have to deal with him.
His 'big talking' doesn't bother me, and neither do his nasty comments hurt, but the thought of him starting skydiving just makes me think....GEEEEZZ, NO WAY!
So my (lengthy) question is...
Instead of wanting to 'convert' people around you, have any of you ever had people from which you thought..."Oh..Please..he is the last person in the world I would want to see skydiving..."

greetz and blue skies!
Jarno
www.3dluvr.com/mccordia/

Since the popular thing this weekend seems to be to dig into the way back machine......

Did the guy ever start skydiving, or did he finally "just go away"?

Yea, I'm really bored tonight. [:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yea, I'm really bored tonight

RevJim, quite, I think that I hear the beer in the fridge calling your name, quick run and fetch one, go out in your snow filled yard and piss your name in the snow... not so bored now are we:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Yea, I'm really bored tonight

RevJim, quite, I think that I hear the beer in the fridge calling your name, quick run and fetch one, go out in your snow filled yard and piss your name in the snow... not so bored now are we:P

Been working on the Beer, but the lack of snow makes the rest difficult.

Crap! 40+ FJC students and a single C182 this weekend.... Oh well, it gives me another week to get the rigs reserves repacked (which I am doing mid-week..... B|
It's your life, live it!

The Vector2 is an easy one to pack... whats your other rig? And TELL it its not as Pink as the gear you had at WFFC

Javlelin J1. Yep, there's Pink on the rig. Pink Reserve PC cover, and a pink stripe, I think. Hot Pink cutaway handle too. At least it fits decent (no more assembling the legstraps AFTER I put the rig on...)

Main: Sabre 150, Green, Blue, and Yellow.

Reserve PD126R, silver/grey no jumps.

350 jumps on rig (has always been together as one unit).

$1500

I could handle the pink for that. Could always slip the 135 in there if I need a bigger Pink fix....
It's your life, live it!

I've droped 125 on rigging tools and supplies in the last 3 months... tell me about it. PPM Vol 1 and Vol2 is a good X-mas gift *hint hint* as is a crank, plate, box, bodkins and cypres packers kit. Just looking our for you ;)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've droped 125 on rigging tools and supplies in the last 3 months... tell me about it. PPM Vol 1 and Vol2 is a good X-mas gift *hint hint* as is a crank, plate, box, bodkins and cypres packers kit. Just looking our for you ;)

LMAO, since I don't own a CYPRES, and will just be packing my own for right now, the CYPRES kit can wait.

Big purchase in the next week is the "School model" sewing machine..... The Javelin is subject to the mandatory service bulletin....
It's your life, live it!

Do it on a real sewing machine... a home model is'nt going to cut it. I bought a sewing machine this year and could'nt imagine doing the grommet mod on it. You need to learn the right stitches anyways so do it on your riggers machine with them there.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Do it on a real sewing machine... a home model is'nt going to cut it. I bought a sewing machine this year and could'nt imagine doing the grommet mod on it. You need to learn the right stitches anyways so do it on your riggers machine with them there.

The "school models" are awsome! High quality, heavy duty, damn good, and pretty big too. Remember, they are built to stand up to school abuse!

edit-of course I'll have to do it there, he's gotta make sure I'm not gonna kill myself or something! I am getting the machine so i ain't gotta get one in the future. I have sewed all my life, so this is just the next step.
It's your life, live it!

Please hook a brother up if the sewing machine is going to be better then the Husq model he bought earlier this year....

Singer. Basically an industrial model. My sis gets these deals all the time. It was an over run of school stock (the box even says "School Model" on the sides). Brand new, un-used, HD model for less than a brand new home model in the store. Hell, I didn't even get the price quote from her yet and said I'll take one. I'll try and get ahold of her this weekend and see if there is any more left, and an exact price....
It's your life, live it!