rohicks

Online retail stores

Still new to the sport, but I'm finding it difficult to locate online retail stores that sell skydiving equipment. Can anyone share some links of your favorites quality stores... or do you have to buy directly from the manufacturers?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks ass. The amount of time it took you to do that it you could of provided some actual help.

I'm aware of google and how to use.

Maybe he's just better at it than you... His search brought up exactly what you were looking for :P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Thanks ass. The amount of time it took you to do that it you could of provided some actual help.

You asked a simple question that you could have answered by using the search feature on the site and you're calling him an ass? Obviously you don't know how to use Google or you wouldn't have asked this question.

Maybe he's just better at it than you... His search brought up exactly what you were looking for :P

I highly doubt it, and no it didn't bring up what I was looking for.

Forget it; always a bunch of smart asses in forums.

You asked a simple question that you could have answered by using the search feature on the site and you're calling him an ass? Obviously you don't know how to use Google or you wouldn't have asked this question.

I'm very well versed in google searching seeing as my career is technology.

I develop the very code you use to browse the internet as well as the back end to systems that support your trolling.

I'm very well versed in google searching seeing as my career is technology.

I develop the very code you use to browse the internet as well as the back end to systems that support your trolling.

Then why can you not see that you got a list of on-line stores with links from the search? Included in that search was this link.http://www.dropzone.com/links/Gear/Dealers/index.html

Boy some people are ungrateful :P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Oh, you just keep digging, don't you? I should make popcorn now.

But seriously, at your stage in the sport, unless you're looking for goggles, helmet, or altimeter, buying anything of your own is premature. Still, you got your answer to your question, and the rest of us a got to laugh. Welcome to the sport.

Now bring a case of beer to the DZ, sit around the bonfire and drink it with experienced jumpers who will answer all of your questions to your face. If you want a second opinion, come back here. But, first bring that very code to the search box (upper right of your screen) and see if your Q has been A'ed already.

Oh, you just keep digging, don't you? I should make popcorn now.

But seriously, at your stage in the sport, unless you're looking for goggles, helmet, or altimeter, buying anything of your own is premature. Still, you got your answer to your question, and the rest of us a got to laugh. Welcome to the sport.

Now bring a case of beer to the DZ, sit around the bonfire and drink it with experienced jumpers who will answer all of your questions to your face. If you want a second opinion, come back here. But, first bring that very code to the search box (upper right of your screen) and see if your Q has been A'ed already.

I'm not looking to buy a rig yet or anything extensive. I was looking for a place to start researching my gear and a way to look at prices. As well as a place to buy an altimeter and helmet and compare other brands of gear in one place.

Every site I've come across looks like it was made in the early 90s; that's why i said 'QUALITY' in my OG post. But there are apparently a lot of smart asses here that obviously can't help.

Fortunately another member PMed a few good sites. For other newcomers that people won't help ether here is a list i was given.

http://www.paragear.com/

http://www.square1.com/

http://www.chutingstar.com/

I was planning to ask my instructors this weekend about an altimeter, but like I said still need a place to gauge prices and even find a place to buy one. FYI you can't search with code.

Pot, meet kettle.

eta: and the funny thing about your last post with the links to the stores is those exact same links came up in the first responder's link.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Pot, meet kettle.

eta: and the funny thing about your last post with the links to the stores is those exact same links came up in the first responder's link.

Learn how to read; I'll explain it further for you though.

I said quality stores. Each one of those sites look like they were made in the early 90's. If you know anything about branding, marketing, and web development. Designs like these break trust with consumers. I wanted a referral of quality websites that I could trust, and finally got them from a wonderful member here.

Take a look at square1's website. Look in the footer. The site's footer hasn't even been updated since 2008. That alone tells me this store probably is a place I don't want to shop at and trust my money with.

So you are more interested in a gear company that has a slick website versus one that might look outdated, but offers better prices???

I'm not saying they are mutually exclusive, but having a cool webdesigner doesn't mean the store is a good store.

I have dealt with both Paragear and ChutingStar and you will get good info from both sites.

And don't forget the classified and reviews sections here. You can get first hand user reviews and good used gear.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

So you are more interested in a gear company that has a slick website versus one that might look outdated, but offers better prices???

I'm not saying they are mutually exclusive, but having a cool webdesigner doesn't mean the store is a good store.

I have dealt with both Paragear and ChutingStar and you will get good info from both sites.

And don't forget the classified and reviews sections here. You can get first hand user reviews and good used gear.

No i don't care about bells and whistles. However if a store can't take care of it's online appearance and services then I question (as should everyone else) about it's credibility. I just wanted to know what stores I can trust and what ones most people preferred to shop at. Wasn't that hard of a question that could of been solved in one post.

Thanks for the referrals to paragear and chutingstar. I haven't been in the classifieds yet, but I plan to lurk them when i get around to actually needing the gear. I have been reading the gear section with the reviews from users here.

Well I'm sure they all do their jobs well. I personally liked chuttingstar and rock-sky market; but those are the only two I ever bought anything from... I see a lot of people buying stuff from square 1 and para-service too.

I'm pretty sure most stores do their jobs well. What makes me decide to buy at one place or the other has more to do with which store happens to have the item I need in stock. Oh and if I can dodge the sales tax by buying out of state...

You're welcome, ass. :ph34r: