aliencico

Historical research work on AAD

A Historical research work on Automatic Activation Devices (AAD´s) topic.

I am asking for veteran riggers´ help, who will concern, and became interested in, contribute with expertise, and information regarding old western AAD, American, British, and French made, ranging from 1930-1970 years, like:

Irvin´s apparatuses
Bailout military AAD´s used during Second World War
French first AAd, like EFA-70
etc

Of course, all the information, and media will be credited

I already sent a kindly formal request information to the current AAD makers companies.

After information is granted, it would be labeled making a “History Chapter”, introducing each Manufacturer from its origins to the Present date, and adding all the provided data in a chronological sequence, putting together all the historical chapters, obtaining thus a book.

This particular book would be a non-for-profit one, written in three languages (English, Russian, and Spanish), and freely distributed in digital format (.pdf), coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the World´s first AAD activation (PPD-1, on July 22nd 1939, jumped by V.G. Romanyuk) July 22nd 2014.

I have put in contact, via E-mail, with russian comrade-in-arms from VDV, and they have expressed their will to provide their available data, offered help with translating from Russian to English, and checking for grammatical errors, too.

So, do not worry about information relating Advanced Aerospace Designs s.a, Airtec GmbH, Aviacom s.a, due they will help to make possible this publication, with data, and error checkings.

Some time ago, perhaps 2-3 years ago, I made the same request, publishing a non-for-profit book titled: “Automatic Activation Devices, 75th Anniversary from its actual idea” (Sorry, only in Spanish).

If anybody can have a look to it, there is a free download link (click over “Descargar” green coloured word, located right from .pdf icon):
http://www.bubok.es/libros/207351/EQUIPOS-DE-ACTIVACION-AUTOMATICA-DE-PARACAIDAS-75-ANIVERSARIO-19362011

As You will notice, there is a great gap to fill with information on this topic.

Thanking all your aid

To Moderators: If Your Person consider to remove download link due website policy, please, do that.
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger (ret.)
Spain, Europe

Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for your interest.

If Your Person have downloaded the file, you will notice that there is a lot of information to add.

Personally, I think education must be free, in order to let the Skydiving Community to grow safer.

This is the reason why the next research work will be made in English, Russian, and Spanish languages

Blue Skies from Spain
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Spain, Europe

Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for your interest.

All the information contained in the former book is going to be translated to English, Russian, and Spanish, plus the current research work.

If Your Person may wait until 2014, you will be able to read it, for free, as education must be.

Blue Skies
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Spain, Europe

aliencico

A Historical research work on Automatic Activation Devices (AAD´s) topic.

I am asking for veteran riggers´ help...

...This particular book would be a non-for-profit one, written in three languages (English, Russian, and Spanish), and freely distributed in digital format (.pdf), coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the World´s first AAD activation (PPD-1, on July 22nd 1939, jumped by V.G. Romanyuk) July 22nd 2014...

I must report that the expected distribution date, July 2014, will be delayed due I have received nor official, nor unofficial information from any of the AAD manufacturers, except:
Airtec
Aviacom
Advanced Aerospace designs

So, it will take harder, and longer to obtain, assemble, and translate all the information to 3 languages without support.

I Hope the Skydive Community understand.

Best regards, and safe skydives.
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Spain, Europe

Free Fall Accessories here,

I must apologize for not getting back with you after I received your e-mail. There never seems to be enough time in a day, or memory in my brain lol...

We only work on Gov AADs, (military US and Foreign, Forest Service, and BLM).. No civilian AAD product.

We have developed electromechanical pin pullers that have been used on sub-orbital rockets, and strictly mechanical timers for Forest Service Smoke Jumper Equipment Bundles...

We have developed a Parachute Flight Data Recorder for the US Forest Service Smoke Jumpers, and are currently working on an AAD for Military Static Line Jumpers.

If any of this is of interest to you, let me know. Free time is limited, but I will make an effort to provide you with what we can.

Regards..

Don't forget the former Czechoslovakian and USSR KAP 3 equiped with both timer and barometric pressure sensor. More recently the SKIFF which is russian made, the Mars1 from the Czech Republic and I suggest you to check with the Chineses, who have certainly their own. There is also the former Czech system all in one piece to be installed at the bottom of the reserve container, it had no cable, the control console was protruding in the back of the container, and the cutter was integrated to the unit. Otherwise you have the Pin Puller from Steve Snyders Enterprises, the Cypres 1 and 2 from Airtec, the Vigil 1 and 2 from Advanced Aerospace Designs, the Argus from Aviacom and the Astra from FXC
Congratulations for the initiative
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Dear Mr. Lemaire,

Thank You very much for the info. I already have information regarding all these products You mentioned, except the SKIFF (waiting for my VDV russian comrade-in-arms to obtain info), and the chinese AAD´s.

But there is a lot of AAD´s out there, apart of the abovementioned, and these are the quid of the question, its Story, patents, prototypes, diagrams, etc, harder to obtain without official aid from its manufacturers.

Thanking all your time, and effort,
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Spain, Europe