filip0721

Leaving to Europe for a few months

Hey all I'm new to posting here but here goes.

I'm leaving to europe for a few months at the end of august. I'm almost complete my progression to achieving my solo certificate i'm on my 20sec freefall jumps now. I plan to have the Solo complete before i go to Europe. My understanding is that the Solo isn't an acceptable rating or license in Europe so i was wondering if anyone has experience with jumping around europe without a Rating ?? Also if anyone has experience with the planes used at DZ in europe and the equipement. Mainly what the major differences are between the planes used here at DZ's like the 206 cessna and 182 or the Tutor 288 canopies used in Canada??? Any info is helpful? Oh and if anyone knows of good DZ around eastern europe please post!

The solo certificate is unique to Canada, but don't let that stop you. Most DZs will take it at face value. You are (will be) a jumper who doesn't need an instructor but does need a coach. If they insist on a checkout jump with an instructor, be proactive about what you want to work on towards your A CoP.
A Tutor is a pretty typical F-111 student canopy. You will find similar canopies on most DZs. Newer canopies will turn a bit more radically but most will flare similarly.
Have fun.

If you planing visit Poland your solo certificate will not be enough. Only B and higher will allow you to jump without instructor supervision. But thats not a problem because most of Polish DZ will provide instructor supervision for free. As Andrew said probably you will have to make one jump to prove your skills. Definitely you will need you log book, vidoes etc. Right now in Poland I will recommend following DZ:
1. www.skydive.waw.pl (my home;-) near Warsaw
2. www.pete.pl (near Piotrków Trybunalski approx 100 km south of Warsaw)
3. www.pyrlandia-boogie.pl (near Poznań)

Who was your instructor in PST. I made my first 160 jumps there when they were in Arthur almost 9 years ago.

Just to add;

All student riggs require ADD's in Poland. My home DZ uses Mars student riggs which are quite nice to fly. 1 jump costs PLN 70 (~USD 25) student rigg rental PLN 30 (~USD 11).

At PST i'm jumping with a few of the guys Derek Phillips is there, Ryan J, Bill M, etc.. it's a fun DZ i enjoy it. Thanks for the info i will take all my available info with me and i was expecting that they would want a checkout jump done. Any clue what planes they fly at the mentioned DZ's? i don't mean just the type but rather exit wise with step?? or just open door? or door at the tail?? etc...

i got a nice tip for you bring your own altimeter...
poland, germany, france and a few more european countries use meter instead of feet.......

also have a look on the DZ locator here on DZ.com to find places to jump will traveling in europe.

grtz danny
toet toet food driver

bring your own altimeter...
poland, germany, france and a few more european countries use meter instead of feet.......

that's why we call them altimeters :| you should cal them altifeet :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I could live with an altimeter that reads in M it's not so bad. I'm more curious about the planes especially the one with exit on tailgate i haven't done that yet so that will be interesting. Either way before i do any jumps i'd have to sit around the DZ there and watch some of the procedures under canopy i.e what kinda of landing pattern their doing how the winds are behaving there and also to see how many jumpers they let out in one load. At PST the sky doesn't get extremely crowded which is nice when your still working towards your solo and trying to get your pattern down pat. But we'll see how it goes.

Yum metres or feet’s much difference when is white is ok, yellow not so bed, red pull.

B|

Exit under tail quite easy much easier than side door, just ask your instructor. Last few months new safety procedures where introduced like separate lading area for swoops, swooping beginner and the rest. Also landing zone is big that you don’t have to worry about to mach traffic in the air just pick less crowded spot. Also when you jump on student rig before you are ready to land probably you’ll be one of the last one. However you have to aware what's going on around you.