dmkellett

Life insurance ? for wingsuiting ??

Hi all

So with the baby about to be born, I thought i'd be a little bit sensible for once in my life and get insurance.. it turns out nobody here in AUS wants to insure me for skydiving in my wingsuit - not teaching, not base, not swooping , just plain old fun jumps in the wingsuit..

does anyone have any idea where I can get life insurance and permanent disablement insurance for wingsuit skydiving ??

thanks

Is their problem skydiving in general, or when you mention the wingsuit in particular? You might just be giving the operator too much information.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Careful about giving the insurance company too much information.
Just ask if they will cover you while skydiving.
If you mention wing-suiting, they do not have enough data to accurately determine the risk.
If you mention BASE-wingsuiting, they will hang up the phone.

riggerrob

Careful about giving the insurance company too much information.
Just ask if they will cover you while skydiving.
If you mention wing-suiting, they do not have enough data to accurately determine the risk.
If you mention BASE-wingsuiting, they will hang up the phone.

Good advice there. When I purchased private term insurance, I told them I was a licensed skydiving instructor. No increase in the rates. I didn't go into detail. :)

You can get personal accident insurance through the APF (the first link at top of page).
http://www.apf.asn.au/search.aspx?ModuleID=13&keywords=personal%20accident%20insurance&multiSite=False

This will atleast give you some cover for an injury and modest payouts for death and permanent disability.

In addition to this your superannuation will have built in death benefit.

And, as others have said, they don't need to know it's for wingsuiting, they're ulikely to understand what you're even talking about, skydiving, should be enough information for them to work with.

JohnMitchell

Good advice there. When I purchased private term insurance, I told them I was a licensed skydiving instructor. No increase in the rates. I didn't go into detail. :)

John, do you mind PM'ing me the name of the insurer please.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

John, do you mind PM'ing me the name of the insurer please...

Me too John. Please?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I have mutual of Omaha. My rates are high being a recovering addict, former smoker(had just quit) over 40 and a jumper but they didn't exclude me but they asked if I participated in baton passing:S I also had to write my life story for them before they accepted me.
I pay a LOT for a 500k term policy. Over the 20 years I'll pay over 50k betting I die before I turn 65 and they are risking 500k that I'll live longer then 65. Considering no man on my dads side has made it to 60 it really isn't that bad of a bet but personally I kinda want to hold a grand child of my sons and since he is only 8 I kinda need to out live my 50k bet.

sorry got side tracked I went through Zander Inusrance and they found me the best rates based on everything I said above. Also do NOT lie even by omission because if you die in the first 2 years they will find a way to deny the claim after 2 years you can eat a bullet and they still have to pay but if you lied I think there is a loop hole for them something about "entered into under false pretenses"

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

We had a moment of doubt after the death of Dan, Brian and Ludo because we got a lot of criticism," admits Jools Benker, head of wingsuiting at Epic TV. "But they are the ones taking the risks, they understand them. The fact they are being paid does not push them to fly closer to the ground."
Oil Gas Safety Council values the contribution Safety Professionals make to achieve the vision of accident free and safer workplace.
http://ogsc.org/