Hallur

Wow! 1401 guests have joined in the last 15 min.

And most of them are viewing user information....This will be the US secret service keeping tabs on anyone who decries their involvement in the middle east no doubt.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Or nuke us with a remote controlled missile firing drone thingie.
There's nowhere left to hide form the Men In Black.....
I'm off home to await the kidnapping squad!;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Im pretty sure they will be waiting for you when you get home, after your brilliant remark about all the guest being from the secret service yhea well 3min. later 1300 guest logged of, what does that tell you:o:):S:o:ph34r:

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur

I wonder if someone has a screwy connection that is showing them logged on 1200 times...?

Have seen that happen....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

It can. Search engines used to honor the directives in a robots.txt file. It's been years since I've done any web development so I don't know if this is still the case.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I still use robots files and if you try a program that crawls your webpages (be it html or keywords etc) I've gotten error messages saying "skipping disallowed cgi-bin" etc, so at least these programs are using them -lol.
-System.Windows.IUnknown.Crash.Reboot.Crash.Reboot.Freeze.Crash.Reboot.Break.Stuff.dot...

It would be cool if access by search engines as in "raping" access could be halted..

Search engines used to be shut out, but Sangiro allowed them in recently.

As far as I know, the big search engines (Google, Altavista, Hotbot, etc.) honor robots.txt. I've never seen them hit my images folders, which I have banned them from to conserve bandwidth.

oooh, oooh, I like that page. I forgot all about it!

It says Skymama was writing a PM.

waiting.....

waiting.....

waiting.....

waiting......

damn, not for me.....[:/]

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

As far as I know, the big search engines (Google, Altavista, Hotbot, etc.) honor robots.txt.

Google does not, and has been getting in some minor trouble with the LiveJournal people lately because of it. As for Altavista, etc., I don't know.

Another thing to consider -- Someone may have written an email address collection program that scours websites to grab email addy's for spam purposes. Expect to see an increase of spam in your email box in the near future... :(
--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.

If I turn the filters off in Outlook, I get about 10 - 20 per day already.

Phew.

I had a hotmail account that I literally never used... Every single day, it had something like 50 new emails, all spam.

Needless to say, I don't check the account anymore.
--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.