narcimund

How do you introduce the person you sleep with?

So we had been married about 6 months when I went to the company Christmas party with my husband. The president of the company came over, and my husband started stammering to him " I'd like you to meet, uh, um, uh, THE WOMAN I LIVE WITH" He had completely forgotton my name. Now when it's time to meet new people, I just stick out my hand and say "hi, I'm Beth" so he doesn't have to repeat that.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

When we meet people from DZ.com, I introduce her as The Lovely Mother Lynn as that is how I refer to her on the internet. If you're curious about the origin of that, go to Wendy Faulkner's site and lookup the roster the the No Cheap Beer Society.

When introducing her to others, I may refer to her as "my first ex-wife" as we celebrated our 23rd anniversary by getting divorced; I had fun during the period when we started dating again (and before we remarried) referring to Lynn as "my Arthur". Some got it, some didn't.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Just intro them by name, let the people figure it out for themselves. I wouldn't put a label on the person or the relationship. Just say, "Mom, this is Raislin" or what not, as the case may be. Usually you would have told them before hand who they are in your life, no need to clutter things up. That's what I always did.
Drewfus McDoofus

Why isn't "FUCK BUDDY" on the list?

Or "Cum Dumpster." :D

Seriously....Just introduce them by name. Your relationship with anyone else isn't anyone else's business. I let people think what they like. Of course....my mother seems to think that any girl that is with me and she happens to meet.....I MUST be dating her. Other than my ex wife she hasn't met a girl I am dating in more than 10 years. :D Like I said...it isn't anyone's business but mine.

Interesting idea, Drew (and others who said similar things.) Sometimes that works but sometimes the relationship is part of the statement. That's why humans created the words!

For instance, a skydiver who has a whuffo girlfriend who jumps for the first time isn't going to write, "Jill jumped!!!" (Who's Jill? Who cares?) Instead he's going to write, "My girlfriend jumped!!!" and we'll all congratulate him.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Um...

Snuggle-puss
Keeper of the "piece"
Ma hot little hummer holster
Rodeo partner
Yin's Yang
Daddy's sexy little she-kittun
My back scratchin', front rubbin, and rubba dubbin' friend
My Hot little lady lover
Cuddle-fish
Holder of my heart of hearts - dancer on my private parts.
The gardner for my twig and berries
The boobies on my Galapagos
The nurse who cares for my sick little monkey

:)

death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Dude, seek therapy!!
---------------------------------------------------------
But then the therapist would need therapy. I don't want that on my conciense.

Well i'm already in therapy, so i could be your therapist. Then you would know you weren't the one that made me seek it cause i already get it. Damn that was a long run-on. I blame it on my hangover.:S

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well i'm already in therapy, so i could be your therapist

Don't laugh. My Mom knows a lady that went for therapy. She thought it was pretty cool....so she went to school and became a therapist. :D That's why I have no faith in anyone that calls themselves a therapist. :S

How 'bout "Jump buddy"? Sufficiently vague, but vaguely sexual, given the skydiving context. ;)

Seriously, I'll either just give her name or throw in the "g/f" depending upon the context. Most people can figure it out or will ask.

Not that I have that problem right now, nor do I really want it. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon