prepheckt

Weekend Numbers

0:0:0

Went to Skydive Chicago on Friday. I doubted that I would get to jump, but the couch at the DZ is always more fun than the couch at home. The wind was howling, manifest said 15-20, but I think it was more like 25-30 and gusting higher. The Otter went up a few times, without me. One person landed on the other side of the river, another broke something important landing in a driveway (I don't know who or what). On the positive side, I learned how to do a fingertrap and saw some SEMO jumpers that I haven't bumped into in a while.

I'm going to claim that I don't owe beer because I didn't jump.

7:3:0

Back up to my old digs for Friday King Air jumps. Three good sit-flies. One solo, one two-way and one three-way. I *almost* have the stand, but that's a tough one - used it for several seconds to get down to the low sitter.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Got in 3 jumps at SDA in Pahokee! Awesome view at that DZ ... loved it there and the poeple were cool! It was great meeing some .com'ers there:) Wish I could've jumped more than just on Friday ... didn't actually get the chance to jump with Skitz:( Next time!

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

0:2:0

Got out to Clewiston (FL) a little late, but well worth it. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the view of Lake Okeechobee was great!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

0:2:0

did a little free video(like anyone would pay me anyways) of some people just off student status at the dz...sure was funny to watch...and remeber wwhen i had that many jumps.....

And wingnut,what's wrong with those of us just off student

nothing... was just saying it's neat to watch them cuz it wasn't to long ago(well sorta) that i was in the same position they were....

5.5 hours from ZHills to JAX via the NPL (I95)>:(:4:0

Met some new (to me) dz.commersB|, saw some others I hadn't seen in a while, did some fun jumps, watched some good competition, drank a few beers. Good weekend.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

0:0:0 :(:([:/][:/]

I have been sick since Wednesday, and my sinuses have been all whacked, so I didn't jump at all this weekend. Also the GF stayed away from me during my cold spell, so that explains the first number.

Only 25 more days till I get to ELOY!!! WOOOHHOO!!!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

26 (approx # of Casa and Otter loads on Friday):4:0

not pleased with the great organizing prinicple's decision to put the dz on a windhold twice in a day...

We had a short one as well.....but when the swoopers are getting blown sideways into the RV park, a windhold isn't such a bad idea. ;)

Don