sooperswooper

What canopy should I choose to fly next?

If you're asking on dz.com rather than real experts, and more specifically in gear & rigging rather than in the swooping forum, I'm thinking that you're really shopping for an opinion that you agree with, preferably one that agrees with your self-view.

That's what I'm reading, too.
[:/]

I'm super conservative

Again, :D:D:D:D

I like my canopy to snivel and not to pop open in 200 feet like a shitty Pilot [/pirate] for example

Tells me you have no appreciable experience with the Pilot.
Again, :D:D:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Thanks....this is a good answer....not telling me how I should "upsize" without even seeing how I fucking fly...
I see people at the dz with 5000 and not 500 still butt landing like handicaps....not to talk about summer time when a little wind that shifts at the last second on a downwind makes them eat so much dirt they feed the family for a year.....ahahhaha.......they should buy a blue canopy with the white wheelchair sign on it!!!

As a student and an ex-military jumper, I have no problems with having to do a PLF on almost every jump - sometimes having a good PLF makes the difference between bruising and broken bones; upwind, downwind or crosswind landings don't bother me because I have a good PLF.

What does annoy the sh*t out of me as a full-time carer for my wife (a disabled wheelchair user) is your derogatory use of the term 'handicap' and reference to the international symbol for the disabled. If I knew of a way to report this post I would do so.

Have a nice day and hope that you never need to spend an extended amount of time in a wheelchair because you'll soon find out that it's really not that easy for the disabled.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

whats your current wingloading? i would def do some demo jumps if possible. i am a big fan of the stiletto so maybe a stilletto 107 could be a good choice. i find the katana is a bit more ground hungey so to speak.
if your seriously thinking of going into swooping, maybe a vel111, but make sure you have enough expirience for that level.
at the end of the day make sure you get something that you repect other wise it can bite you very badly!
talk to other swoopers around you on your DZ. i think someone mentioned you jump at perris, i am sure there is a few swoopers there that could advise you.

rodger

I see people at the dz with 5000 and not 500 still butt landing like handicaps....

Even though you have abandoned the thread...

What does that have to do with your canopy choices?
Nothing. It's a typical lame attempt to justify one's actions to point at others for comparison purposes.

Every other skydiver in the world could crash on landing and it would have zero effect on your landings.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You should demo the following canopies first:
Stiletto 120
Nitron 120
Crossfire2 119

They should fit your current rig and give you an idea of what Stiletto-class canopies are capable of. You may actually really like it even though they are not purpose-built swoop machines. They all fly a little different and demoing will allow you to find the canopy that YOU like best.

Remember, these canopies can be swooped and can hurt/kill you if you f*ck up. You're actually at a dangerous time in your skydiving career. I've seen more guys at your level get broken than newbies.

When you're ready, you can try my Nitron 108 at Perris. Just don't get any blood on it.