JumpNFly

nicknames

At our dz, it seems nearly everyone's got a nickname for some reason or another. I got stuck with "Jumpslut" because I'm always trying to get on every load.
My roommates call me "Father Dowling" from that idiotic tv show. (No, I don't like little boys)
At work, it's sometimes "Doctor," because my initials are MD and I worked with another reporter with the same first name.
In college, it was "Scoop" for a short while because I'm a newspaper reporter.
At my beach house, it was "Swoop" for a few summers for completely non-skydiving reasons (think of picking up women)

For some reason my sisters used to call me chachi when i was little kid. I really don't remember why.

Now my nick is sunshine. Everytime i ran into tami or scotty this past week in FL they would say "good morning sunshine" and i liked it.:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

My Dad called me "flack" when I was growing up. Then there was a brief respite, he starting calling me that again the past couple of years. Don't know where he got it from... ;)

My sister just calls me "bro", I call her "seester".

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

at my home DZ there are too many Joe's so now we have Joe Baker, Joe not Baker and Joe not Neither. I am affectionately know as Country, Swamprat, Swampy and after my tree landing incident, I became TreeRat.

...and Quatorze

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I did the tree thing too on my 27th jump Nov. 25, 2 years ago. High winds, they kicked up while I was on the plane. Not a scratch!:) Every branch broke as I fell through and set me down softly.

I didn't get a nickname from it, but was deemed gullable cause later that night they had someone knock on the door and they called for me because they said it was the property owner of those trees and he wanted reimbursed damages to his trees!:o I ran and hid, actually believing them, & I still fall for stuff now and then.:S;)

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

There was no way I was getting out of a nickname for my tree. I actually flew through the woods, like inbetween trees until one caught my extreme right cell and began wrapping me up like a tether ball, or (a may poll) At that time I am about 50 feet in the air full body wrapped around this pine tree, I can see everyone running from the hangar, but I can't feel anywet spots and I can feel all of my extremeties, so I yelled that I am Okay, in a @#$#% tree, but OK. Well to make a long story short, I can't cut away my main without falling to the ground, (poor grip on the tree, bad body position, and too much weight still suspended in the harness). Luckily a professional tree climber lived just down the road from the DZ. 2 hours and one creative vidiot (thanks Robin) I am back in the hangar catching 8 different shades of shit and ribbing by my wonderful skypals. They took the time to put the entire video of my in the tree to Music. Yup, I got a nick name from that one. Two other people have landed in the trees since then, but none with the style and grace;) that I had, so I am till the TreeRat:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

My dad used to call me Boojie...because he picked me from the boogie tree.

A lot of my family called me Jelly Bean because my initials are J.L.B. Sounds kinda like "jelly bean." Hee-yuck!

My friends at work call me Jessicakes, 'cause they're mean.

But YOU ALL may call me Jess.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Two other people have landed in the trees since then, but none with the style and grace

Thats a great memory looking back, isn't it?! Isn't it?! Come on now isn't it?

Thanks.....from your reply I could picture the whole thing!;) Very amusing!;)

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

This girl I used to work with (and one who turned me down when I asked her out:S) came into work for her first week with a really wooly white jumper. She was also know drinking nothing but one particular brand of Beer. So her nickname was Fluffy The Caffreys Drinker.

Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I'm mostly just called "Danielle" right now, but some of the nicknames I've had are:

D'elle and yell, oh and hell from the kids I babysit. These came about because they couldn't pronounce Danielle.

Dany boy from my dad

And some friends of mine used to call me "burly girl" Because I would always try to show up the boys! I never thought that one was very flattering.;) But, it was better than being a "girly girl"!

Got the nick name blue jacket from landing off the dz during a night jump one time. something like 3 miles off at an native American reenactment thing.

Before that I was know as Johnny "Legs out" little problem with back sliding as a student.

People at my old home dz started calling me Smiley my first day there.
My brother's friend started calling me Vallerina when I was really young and would dance all over the house in a tutu. He would actually sing to me, too! He still does on the rare occasion I actually see him.
Lately, I've been called Skank.
And, can't forget my RB name...Putarubia (means blonde bitch...not blonde whore!)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

As a child my brothers called me "Chester"..wanted me to be a boy so there would be 4 girls and 4 boys; an even number for fighting. Then they started calling me Boo Boo yeah I was a mistake.....(well not my fault Mom didnt like watching tv!!) good catholic woman!
Over the years Dr. Biotch has served me well...a real term of endearment;)
The one given to me recently by our own Deuce seems to be the one I am associated with, and am referred to at the DZ. Thanks darlin' for B~Squared your own rock-n-roll ballerina;)

My boyfriend calls me little slig. It's a long story...

We have what is known as iggity language, where you put iggity in place of the vowel of the word. For example, skydive would be skydiggity, store would be stiggity, and so on.

Well, my boyfriend has a wierd sense of humor. His pet name for a poop is a slam. Slam in iggity language converts to sliggity, and since I love abuse, he calls me his little slig. So basically he is calling me a pile of crap :$ But it's all a joke! We're just twisted!

Kim

When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will long to return.-Leonardo DiVinci

So basically he is calling me a pile of crap

Thats ok, my bf calls me bitch alot....i think he's just kidding though....I know i'm kidding when i call him bastard!!;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

"Conan" to my oldest friends
"Danno" to my military friends
"Rhino" Skydiving family and friends
"Dad" to my son ;)
"The Jackal" To my Ex wife :o
"Daddy" My fiance's 2 year old daughter
"Long Ball" fellow pro golfers that know me, yes I am a professional golfer.
"Jr" at work.. I'm the youngest at 27 and no degree ;)
"Oh God More!" my fiance :$ lol

Rhino