Trev_S

N3 audio + open face helmet

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here uses the N3 Audio with an open face helmet. I know Alti-2 tells us that the N3A is only recommended for use with earbuds however I know a lot of people have installed motorbike helmet speakers inside some full face helmets and have been able to hear it perfectly fine. Just wondering if anyone has used a similar set up with an open face? I'm looking at a cookie ozone. Will I be forced to use earbuds?

I was going to get a G3 but the CI and DZSO prefer if novices start off with open face (they say full face may dull senses for noobs).

Thanks in advance.

It does not matter if it is full or open face. I used one with a g3 , but all that matters is if there is audible pockets. Which you may need to modify. The N3A is a little bulky with the headphone jack. As a new jumper you may want to avoid using ear buds, unless they dont hinder your ability to hear under canopy.

Trevor,

I use a N3A with helmet speakers insided of a cookie ozone helmet. The speakers rest on the padding inside the helmet. The speakers are essentially on my ear. I can hear the audible count down in freefall. I can also hear the audible tell me break and pull. See attached pic of my setup. Hope this helps.

Trevor,

I use a N3A with helmet speakers insided of a cookie ozone helmet. The speakers rest on the padding inside the helmet. The speakers are essentially on my ear. I can hear the audible count down in freefall. I can also hear the audible tell me break and pull. See attached pic of my setup. Hope this helps.

I just jumped the identical configuration. I couldn't hear it in freefall, only under canopy. Maybe my hearing's just shit. Can you hear yours easily or is it fairly faint?

chemist

anyone have any suggestions which motorcycle speakers to buy for an open face helmet such that you can hear the N3A in freefall?

the tork speakers do work, when i first tested i didnt have them in the right spot. i can hear it perfectly.