mccordia

I made my 100th!!!

High winds today, but I still dragged my stuborn ass to the DZ, hoping to make the jump.
Clouds, high winds..playing games (Kolonists of Katan, anyone know this board game:P)

Around 2:30 the winds kinda mellowed down to acceptable and the sky turned 100% clear blue...
Malte, a cool freeflying video dude, wanted to go up with me to film, and we planned a small horny gorilla (from 6000 ft), my first one :)

MAN! (or WOMAN!!..) that was cool!
I haven't had this much fun since....never I gues...the last month or so every jump I make seems to top the last 'best one' :)

Past 1,5 months> Got my A, Got my own rig/dytter and helmet, Learnt to sit-fly, my 100th jump, and landed 3 km's out on my 101st jump today :)

I also jumped my new suit for the first time today (on my 100th jump)
My mom is a wizard when it comes to clothing.
She made me an incredible RW suit a few months ago. And just 2 days ago I told my mom I sorta needed a freefly suit, so I made a silly design, and she made it for me, in 1 single day!
It's realy cool, realy warm, and it only cost me 15 bucks in fabric :)
The colors match my helmet (which cost me 30 bucks:)...MAN I'm happy...

You can see my cool suit (and ofcource 100st jump) in the clip I just uploaded to the ftp.skydivingmovies.com/uploads/ folder, it's called mccordia_100th.mpg (6,71 MB)
What do you think :)
The suit looks a bit wierd because of the 2 sweaters, longsleeve shirt and coat I'm wearing underneath ...it was minus 5 degrees at ground level today....cccccccccold..but FUN!!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Congratulations! I can't believe you jumped in such cold weather! I feel like such a sissy now when I complain when it goes under 50. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skymama wrote:

I can't believe you jumped in such cold weather! I feel like such a sissy now when I complain when it goes under 50.

You are...:)
What's the fun if there's nobody who warms your nose (because it's turning blue) after a jump :)
There's nothing that gives a more 'connected' feeling that a bunch of folks standing around a single working heater, trying to get the feeling back in their hand while looking at each other with a puzzled, smiling "Can anybody tell me why we're doing this" look on thier face :)
Great fun...(but DAMN cold!)

BPO wrote:

He Jarno!
Congrats on your 100th jump!

And.. nice upper winds, right?

Thanx...and the upper winds....MAN!
On my first jump (my 100th) yesterday it was okay.
I landed on the DZ.

But the next jump was a mega experienced load (5 guys, all 1000 to 5000 jumps) and they where giving me the "You've got 100 jumps now...you do the spotting, and tell us where to get out...get it wrong and your screwed" routine..:)

I screwed up, steered the plane a bit in the wrong direction. But due to the high winds this 'bit' made it rather hard for all the guys with tiny hankerchief chutes to make it back (they all did though)
But since the last load the winds had picked up so much I was blown backwards harder then I normaly fly forward :)
I pulled at 3500, and by 3000 ft I was already blown past the DZ about 1 km :)
Seeing I'd never make it back, I just turned around and started flying towards the airport.
I landed about 3 km's out (only 1 km from the hangar:) alongside a road.
A car stopped next to me, and an old couple stuck their heads out of the window asking "Did you just come from the skies?"
So I just grinned and sayd "yea...could you give me a lift to the airport"
A few minutes after me the rest of the load arived, and basicly gave me hell (In a fun way...at least..funny to everyone but me:)

Normaly people get thrown into a small creek for a 100th jump, but nobody had an axe to cut a hole in the ice :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

it was minus 5 degrees at ground level today

that F or C?????? cuz if it was C then that's nothing

Celcius...we're in holland here...:)
It is nothing...it was about minus 15 at exit point (6000 ft), and I've had worst (-25 is the coldest so far), but I just spoke to some guy from croatie who jumped last week at -37 degrees celcius at 12.000 ft...now that's cold...!

Can't wait for Ampuria (two more weeks....hmmm)...slighly warmer weather and lotsa jumping...

Thanx for all the congrats :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?