quase

Baddog services

Hello folks. I saw an ad here in the classifieds from this company and purchased a helmet from them. I read in a 2003 post here in the forum that they are a good company and the owner is very helpful, but since I placed the order a couple of days ago I've been trying to contact this company with no success. Has anyone purchased from them recently? I'm afraid I've placed an order with a shuttered business that charged me for it but has no plans to deliver. :S

Never heard from them, are they a local gear dealer, or an internet operation.

Hopefully it is just a delay in communication. That being said I really have to ask, how did consider a post from 2003 positive evidence to order from these guys.

That is 10 years ago!!! 10 years is a long time, even for a publicly traded fortune 500 company! For a skydiving company it is a lifetime!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Did you check out there website for a contact number?

http://www.baddogservices.com/shop/

I am sure they will make good on it. There website sort of looks like a gear vendor that is working through the last of their inventory, some of it looked pretty dated and I see a lack of new stuff, but I am open to correction if these guys actually still do brisk business.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The 2003 post in the forums wasn't a consideration when I ordered from them. They are listing some products in the classifieds, and from there I got to their website, which is up to par (looks legit). Only after placing the order and trying to reach them for several hours with no success did I search for them at the forums and came up with that post (which actually speaks very highly of the company). We shall see on Sunday, when my order is scheduled to be delivered...

Did you check out there website for a contact number?

http://www.baddogservices.com/shop/

I am sure they will make good on it. There website sort of looks like a gear vendor that is working through the last of their inventory, some of it looked pretty dated and I see a lack of new stuff, but I am open to correction if these guys actually still do brisk business.

Yes, I tried the phone number listed on the site, tried replying to the automated order confirmation I got, tried sending them a message through the website, even looked at their WHOIS info to see who owns the domain itself. All phone numbers are the same, where nobody picks up and I get a voicemail (where I already left a couple of messages). I'll update here on Saturday...

Any bank/credit card company will be happy to refund the transaction if the seller doesn't deliver. You just need to ask.

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about losing any money, I paid through PayPal, I don't even have to ask, I can just refund it myself. The thing is: I WANT MY HELMET!!!!! :-D

I've bought a few things from him. I think its not his full time job, but thats still no excuse for not getting any information about your helmet. I'm sure you will be ok, he has been around for quiet a while, just doesn't sell a whole lot. If you paid by paypal, you are fine for getting your money back.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Just to give an update, I actually learned something new today. You can call FedEx and they'll be able to track a package for you even without the tracking number, just based on your destination address. Now, they won't give you the tracking number, but they will give you all associated info (current location and delivery date). I called them and they confirmed the package is on it's way, so that a plus for Baddog for shipping on time and as advertised. Still a negative mark for not providing ANY feedback, but as long as the product is shipped properly, I can accept that. Cheers!

Quase, the reason I did not respond to your first email request was that you used a different email address than the one used to set up your account and you used a different last name as well. Also, you were asking for information that was included in your order history available by logging in to your account as well as an email sent to you automatically. When you asked for the password to your account, we did not respond because (a) we had no assurance that you were in fact the customer and (b) we don't have access to customers' passwords. Since you used PayPal to make your purchase, we also had no phone number associated with the original account and could not verify the number you left on our answering machine. Basically, we were protecting your privacy by leaving the information requested in the account history, which triggered an email to the email address used to set up the account. BTW, we did respond to your second email, which came from the original email used to set up your account and in which you used the same name used to set up your account. As of the 12th, emails sent to your original email address have been bouncing. Switching names and email addresses and bouncing emails (coupled with an apparent inability to log in to your own account) makes a merchant nervous.....

Hi Dave...
I don't want to get into a lot of details here (I'll send you an email later on), but all that was needed to solve this mess was a message saying: "look, your details don't match what we have for the account, could you confirm you are really you by letting us know exactly how you placed the order?". That would have assuaged my fears. After all, the order was paid already.

And for every body following along, I would like to say that despite the communication problems we've had before I received the product, everything went all right. I did have a problem with sizing of the helmet (I took the blame for it, but I forward that blame to Bonehead Composites and their weird measuring guide :)

I hope for the future you will "let it ride" a little longer and make sure you cover your own ass before you get on here and start talking smack about posters, dz's or gear vendors or MFG's. You also might try asking around discreetly other longtime posters or jumpers on your dz about a business, BEFORE you send money and more so after & if you have a problem.... everyone knows someone in the industry!

People like you who enter this industry and expect it to function like your comfortable outside world and when it don't go just your way, do a lot of damage to a cottage industry, and then you go around and start slinging shit at everyone and causing harm and damage to peoples well earned reputations in the sport... You waste everyone's time and only spread false info.

SO baddog bends over backwards to take care of your order and deal with all your f'd up ordering and bitching about shit in a professional manner and the best you can do is to leave a Google search friendly record of trashing the mans business and sorry ass apology tacked on to the end......

That all you got to offer to repair the damage to the mans business by your slanderous and defamatory posts?
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

goes both ways Quase:

...all that was needed to solve this mess was a message saying: "look, your details don't match from your original email address using the same name you used to place the order

You use two different email addresses and two different names, and you expect the seller to sort the mess out.

Just glad I don't know you... I'd be embarrassed if you were one of my friends :S
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Hi Dave...
I don't want to get into a lot of details here (I'll send you an email later on), but all that was needed to solve this mess was a message saying: "look, your details don't match what we have for the account, could you confirm you are really you by letting us know exactly how you placed the order?". That would have assuaged my fears. After all, the order was paid already.

And for every body following along, I would like to say that despite the communication problems we've had before I received the product, everything went all right. I did have a problem with sizing of the helmet (I took the blame for it, but I forward that blame to Bonehead Composites and their weird measuring guide :)

Dude, If Dave's description is anywhere near the truth you owe him a major apology. Changing e-mail and names really makes it sound like some kind of scam. Did the e-mails he claims were sent to your original e-mail addy get there? Unless you paid in cash there is still the chance for merchant to be screwed.

I don't know Dave and have no dog in this.

That all you got to offer to repair the damage to the mans business by your slanderous and defamatory posts?

Absolutely NOWHERE did I say anything that was not a statement of fact. My concerns were voiced here because I thought I could get an honest reply from people who had done business with Dave before, not a completely gratuitous post like yours which adds absolutely NOTHING to the discussion. I am not going to get into details here, but if Dave has a moment he will back me up in that it wasn't my fault things went the way they did. At no point I posted anything slanderous, you should check your dictionary to see what that word means. The fact that Dave and I are in good terms just shows it was an unfortunate sequence of events.

goes both ways Quase:

...all that was needed to solve this mess was a message saying: "look, your details don't match from your original email address using the same name you used to place the order

You use two different email addresses and two different names, and you expect the seller to sort the mess out.

I used two different LAST NAMES, and my first name is "Tiago". How many "Tiago"s do you know sir?

Just glad I don't know you... I'd be embarrassed if you were one of my friends :S

Oh wow. you're a 54+ year old man and you have that attitude? I feel sorry for you. Please tell your Kennedy Center Honor's earning friends, as well as your Nobel Peace Prize winning friends I said hi.

Just a final post here to close this down, because things are devolving quickly into chaos now that the troll patrol has woken up.
With everything in life you always see two sides, especially when humans are involved. I find Skydiving to be different in just one aspect. It looks like the kindness and helpfulness of people are amplified in this sport. On the other hand, it seems the nastiness and mean spirit grows by the same amount.
As a newbie, I've been lucky to encounter much more of the former than of the latter, both on the DZ and here. So thank you to the first few posters who gave constructive advice, thank you Dave from BadDog, who as I already mentioned, is working hard to fix the issues, and to the nasties, I hope to meet you at the DZ someday, maybe you can actually teach me something I can use. That would be great.

Just a final post here to close this down, because things are devolving quickly into chaos now that the troll patrol has woken up.
With everything in life you always see two sides, especially when humans are involved. I find Skydiving to be different in just one aspect. It looks like the kindness and helpfulness of people are amplified in this sport. On the other hand, it seems the nastiness and mean spirit grows by the same amount.
As a newbie, I've been lucky to encounter much more of the former than of the latter, both on the DZ and here. So thank you to the first few posters who gave constructive advice, thank you Dave from BadDog, who as I already mentioned, is working hard to fix the issues, and to the nasties, I hope to meet you at the DZ someday, maybe you can actually teach me something I can use. That would be great.

Even the “nasties” were giving constructive advice. It’s just not what you want to hear. You were wrong. Grow up and learn from it.

Absolutely NOWHERE did I say anything that was not a statement of fact.

I'm afraid I've placed an order with a shuttered business that charged me for it but has no plans to deliver. :S

... you mean like this?

The interweb remembers?:P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I've bought several items from Dave, sporadically over the years (wouldn't necessarily call myself a "regular customer" or anything) - and I have always found him, and "BadDog" to be extremely responsive in every way.

A quick anecdote / testimonial for you, in case it helps:
In 2008 I bought a ProTrack from him with the ankle band (to use as a ff comp only - and not an audible). My very 1st jump with it running out a landing I broke the display. I was traveling at an away DZ to my home, but had access to my e-mails, so just dropped him a line to let him know I would be ordering a replacement for it, when I got back from my trip. Dave responded immediately, that there would be no need to do that - and he shipped me directly, overnight - a brand new one to REPLACE it ...and trusted me to send back the broken one, once I got home. All at absolutely no expense whatsoever to me! Except for my return to him.

Well, that's my experience anyway. Just for the record. In my book, about as "stand-up" (and proven consistently over time) as I think you could possibly find ANYWHERE!

Like I say, I am not personally a "regular customer" (Sorry Dave - I just don't need "stuff" it seems so much any more after so many years of accumulation) but if/when anybody ever asks - BadDog from me gets indeed ...absolutely and without hesitation the highest of recommendations and referral. I have absolutely no doubt your situation will be made entirely right, and you will made happy with via Bad Dog.

Wow - Edit to add: I was responding to the original post. I see that this has all since (an pretty quickly in relative terms too, actualy) been all taken care of!

That's great! See... "I told you so" (abeit now "after-the-fact") ;) I'll still keep my post up here, in any case - as I suppose even if nothing else then, at least a testimonial of and for Dave - and Bad Dog, accordingly.

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I felr the OP "Closed it out well" but now isn't being allowed to. I know of, and have done business with him as well. He used to post his web site hosted by mine 'www.rigdog.com' way before any of you on here came along. I don't care for the original allegations no more than the rest of you. But let it go already, the OP has made his apologies.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Seriously! Slinging that much unnecessary crap and then whining about people calling him on it is not cool. Sooo not cool.

Hi strat,

Dead on.

I think he should take up bowling.

In his later posts he talks about 'trolls.' I wonder who is really the troll?

JerryBaumchen