dmcculloch

Neptune N3

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year.
Anyway I have a question in regards to the use of the N3. I currently am using it as an audible in my helmet but am thinking of using it as a wrist mount alti and using an optimum for audible. My question is in regards to data collection. I have head someone say or read before that there are different pressures from the helemt to wrist and this in turn will produce different data being recorded on the N3. I am just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the statement I had heard or read. I know this question sounds a bit stupid but i figure no harm in asking

NOTE: I'm a student so don't take my comment as advice.

I'm a noob to skydiving so I'm basing this thought purely on physics - I would assume that your helmet would need to be pressurized for it to have an affect on the readings. I would think that any noticeable difference in air pressure inside and outside the helmet would require instrumentation far more sensitive than a skydiving alti. I could be wrong.

NOTE: I'm a student so don't take my comment as advice.

A question, what would one use to confirm the accuracy of the readings of the N3 in helmet versus wrist?

Unless one is swooping and relying on the device for IP, being off a tiny bit logging each jump really isn't that critical. I have a Protrack in my helmet, Neptune on my wrist and Altitrack on my mudflap. They never agree exactly on altitude or logged deployment heights. Different manufactures use a different method to determine actual deployment. One will log when the canopy starts to inflate another when you saddle out.

YMMV
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity