woppyvac

NITRO lines question...

I'm hooking up a Nitro (not nitron) to another set of risers for a friend. I did a line continuity on this canopy and am now scratching my head because I'm not used to non cascading lines..

The front stabilizers (A5 & B5 lines) attached to the front riser and the rear stabilizer (C5 lines) attached to the rear riser. Is this correct?

Though it makes sense to me that it is because of the attached drawing - I'd like to get a confirm before finishing this job.

Also, with non cascading lines being attached to the links..
Would the order be:
D3,D2,D1,C5,C4,C3,C2,C1 REAR RISER LINK
B5,B4,B3,B2,B1,A5,A4,A3,A2,A1 FRONT RISER LINK

Ty
Woot Woot!

The front stabilizers (A5 & B5 lines) attached to the front riser and the rear stabilizer (C5 lines) attached to the rear riser. Is this correct?

Yes

Also, with non cascading lines being attached to the links..
Would the order be:
D3,D2,D1,C5,C4,C3,C2,C1 REAR RISER LINK
B5,B4,B3,B2,B1,A5,A4,A3,A2,A1 FRONT RISER LINK

Ty

Nope.

It should be A1B1A2B2....
and for the rear link...C1 D1 C2 D2 C3 D3 C4 C5

I don't have the manual at home so I can't be 100% sure that this is how it should be, but this is the logical way...

If in doubt, ask the manufacturer ;)
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

I'm hooking up a Nitro (not nitron) to another set of risers for a friend

So, why did you unhook the lines from the links they were on? :S

Why not? Its how people learn and its not rocket science to correct any mistakes prior to jumping it

If you're hooking up a canopy for a friend, it sorta implies you know what you're doing... Unhooking the lines from links at all, or without a tie-wrap or something to keep them in the right order and group if you really NEED to unhook lines from links (which you rarely do), sorta implies you don't.

I'm all for doing stuff yourself, and making mistakes along the way is OK, but you should always hook up a canopy with someone right there to check your work (ESPECIALLY if you're unhooking lines from links or putting them on links for the first time) and preferably the canopy you're going to jump yourself if you're going to make mistakes ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

yep i would agree with the sequence the other guy mentioned
A1B1A2B2A3B3A4B4
as for the rears it be the same sequence C1D1C2D2C3D3 and C4.
just make sure that if you are using a slink or french link that you dont accidently put an unintentional 1/2 twist onto the riser when you connect them to the riser.
also make sure you dont forget the slider also! i seen that before where a guy hooked up a main and forgot the slider! :$.
also make sure you thread the brake line coorectly also. if in any doubt get a rigger to double check your work.
rodger