bsrodeo540

If you really want to sell you gear..

Don't you just love how people post in classifieds and then don't answer emails.. I mean if the item is sold - mark it as such, not hard is it? I usually mark the users that don't respond and then never deal with them in the future..B|
Every life comes with a death sentence. Until then, who's in charge?

I call, text, email, pm until they respond LOL, but that's just to those that don't respond to the "contact seller option", and yeah, people forget to mark item as sold, once it's no longer available for sale.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

The biggest problem is no system of feedback. There are plenty of other forum websites that have a system of classifieds and a way to leave feedback for other users after a transaction, which gives you an idea of who you are dealing with. It is a shame this is not the case here [:/]

Sure, but a lot of the sellers are seldom so.

Recently I sold my gear and my wife's gear on the classifieds here. Previously I had sold two different canopies over the course of about 7 years. Although I diligent about returning e-mails and getting my ads marked as sold or removed once the items sold, what sort of feedback do you think I would of had with such a low use?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The biggest problem is no system of feedback. There are plenty of other forum websites that have a system of classifieds and a way to leave feedback for other users after a transaction, which gives you an idea of who you are dealing with. It is a shame this is not the case here [:/]

Recently I sold my gear and my wife's gear on the classifieds here. Previously I had sold two different canopies over the course of about 7 years. Although I diligent about returning e-mails and getting my ads marked as sold or removed once the items sold, what sort of feedback do you think I would of had with such a low use?

You could have had 3 instances of good feedback. It would be obvious that you aren't a frequent seller, but it would also be obvious that you aren't sketchy.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You could have had 3 instances of good feedback. It would be obvious that you aren't a frequent seller, but it would also be obvious that you aren't sketchy.

What I did was look up buyers on Facebook and/or called their DZ. Especially since the canopies I sold were high performance canopies.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

www.rcgroups.com

100% free forum with classifieds, excellent feedback system. That's what made me wonder why it is non-existant here, as it is another small community of flyers.

Without looking at the link, I'm guessing is RC planes. In that case, those guys buy and sell parts/planes all the time, so they would be able to develop a good feedback score in order to really mean something.

I've sold probably 3 things on the classifieds in the last 10 years, and bought about the same. There's just not enough activity on a per-person basis for feedback to really be of service.

In a case where some gets ripped off, they post the whole story for all to see. When it comes to those who don't reply to emails, I don't it's really worth the trouble.

None of this is mentioning that feedback is typically reserved for those who actually make a transaction with ehe seller. So if someone does not return your email, and you buy nothing, how do you leave feedback?

...plus, the skydiving community is a pretty small, tight knit community. I've found it better to just ask around. I recently received a message from an old friend (out of state). He was thinking of buying a rig on DZ.com. The seller listed my home DZ as his Home.

I did some checking, made a couple of calls, and found out what my friend needed to know. Three minutes of my time to help out another jumper... NO CHARGE! And, most jumpers feel this way. How cool is that? First hand feedback at no charge. B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I just helped a local jumper by calling an DZ's staff member I knew and asked if the potential buyer was good to go and was told enough info to allow the seller to make a decision. The Buyer was a brand new jumper that would have had a 0 feedback score and the seller was new to this site also. Feedback on 0 transactions is empty so it can not be used for anything.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com