kevin922

My own market research.. would you buy this?

So I was thinking about the thread that was brought up a while back on listening to music while skydiving. I haven't done it yet, but probably will in the near future. Question is this - if you could buy a small mp3 player with decent storage that was also an electronic altimeter which would interrupt your music at pre-defined altitudes (warning tones) would you buy this ? Or do you feel that listening to music in freefall is too distracting?

Kevin

I don't necessarily think it's distracting but I don't do much with MP3's. I'm just now getting into the MP3 downloads so I guess I'm behind the times. That's light years away from where I am.

Well music in general.. i guess i can't really argue any other format because wagging aroudn a cdplayer wouldn't work tapes are too 90's so i guess yeah you need to catch up.

:)

Sure, I would by a ton of them, sell ad time on them and give them away or sell them at a discount. I would include messages about evolution and free speech that I wanted people to hear as well. Around election time I would add plugs for my favorite political candidates ("favorite" defined as "willing to pay me the most"). I might even put some music on it, depending which record company was willing to pay $$ to promote their latest fabricated "star".

Sounds awesome!

:P

I wouldn't want to use it in freefall, (although choreographed freeflying could be an interesting olympic event), but it would be something else to do on the way to altitude.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Trust the altimeter Trust the altimeter.... Id buy one but I still wouldnt rely on just my dytter to let me know when I need to break off. But yeah Id buy one....um whats the price range gonna be on one of these?n I love the sound of the wind but music would be nice.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Sure, I would by a ton of them, sell ad time on them and give them away or sell them at a discount. I would include messages about evolution and free speech that I wanted people to hear as well. Around election time I would add plugs for my favorite political candidates ("favorite" defined as "willing to pay me the most"). I might even put some music on it, depending which record company was willing to pay $$ to promote their latest fabricated "star".

Sounds awesome!

:P

you are evil incarnate ;)

ipod handles freefall well. prodyt is audible over top at reasonable volumes, so im guessing this is a good idea. good luck. still get a few questions about whether i listen in freefall or not. i guess they are valid, but only jam on solo jumps.

i voted yes
namaste, motherfucker.

I've listened to my MP3 player many times in freefall, quite a bit on the plane too. Any more I only take it on altitude clear and pulls.

Quite frankly, as loud as it has to be to listen and hear it in freefall (yes you can do that), you're really starting to damage your ears, so thats one of the main reasons I quit doing it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

chatter box , which is for motorcyles, make a unit that allows you to communicate with others up to 5 miles, and plays your favorite cd's or mp3s or whateever and you can set it up so that the music plays w/o interuption, or when your friends speak to you, it interupts your music, while they are speaking, so if you'r altimeter had a deadphone jack, yes it is possible

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I think that when you become so bored with skydiving that you need to listen to music during it just to keep it interesting, it's probably time to take up cliff diving or nascar. Hehe.

I, personally, have plenty of things to think about in freefall, without trying to be able to hear music in 120+ mph wind.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

And the data recorder reveals the last thing heard in the cockpit:

"Pull Now"
"Pull Now"
"Pull Now"
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."