NNault

NoStoBag by AeroSports

Ive been looking into stowless/semi-stowless bags and have seen the NoStoBag by AeroSports on Chutingstar. Asking around i havent heard any pros or cons about it. Does anyone have any experience/reviews of this product.

edit: thread title
Dude..what the hell is on your head?

Hi Nault,

heard any pros or cons

Well, I'm rather pro. :P

I do know of one user who said that he wrote a review for ChutingStar but I do not know if they have on their website; I have not looked there for some time.

Contact me via email or PM if you would like to see a demo bag.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Nault,

heard any pros or cons

Well, I'm rather pro. :P

I do know of one user who said that he wrote a review for ChutingStar but I do not know if they have on their website; I have not looked there for some time.

Contact me via email or PM if you would like to see a demo bag.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jerry,

Are you all making a MagBag as well? I thought you did some prototypes or something like that but can't remember the details
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Hi Southern,

Are you all making a MagBag as well?

Only if pressed. I made a number of prototype MagBags & sent them out to a handful of people in North America & Europe for test, evaluation & feedback.

Then I bought a 'bunch' of additional magnets for more bags.

Then the lightbulb went on & I thought of the NoStoBag. :o

The last few people who wanted MagBags, I talked into the NoStoBag as I consider it substantially a superior product for the user. For me, the NoStoBag is a LOT easier to build. :P

If seriously pressed, I would build a MagBag as I still have magnets for about 5 more MagBags. But when those magnets are gone I will no longer build a MagBag.

I do have a demo NoStoBag that I will send out to anyone who might want to see it.

Attached is a flyer for the NoStoBag.

Dealers for the NoStoBag are:

http://www.chutingstar.com/

and:

http://www.aerostore.com/

and in Europe:

Nicholas Cronin
Place Tarnaiae 1
1869 Massongex, Switzerland

Known on dizzy.com as 'piisfish.'

Does that answer your question?

JerryBaumchen

PS) One local guy liked the NoStoBag so much that he built his own version for himself. :S

PPS) If you use a packer he/she will love the NoStoBag. B|

Ive been looking into stowless/semi-stowless bags and have seen the NoStoBag by AeroSports on Chutingstar. Asking around i havent heard any pros or cons about it. Does anyone have any experience/reviews of this product.

Norm, make sure it has a pocket big enough for your humongous balls!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Hi Southern,

Why do you consider the NoSto a superior product?

1. It is easier to build. Pure unadulterated selfishness on my part.

2, The magnets have to be somewhat forced apart. And, due to their holding power, what they are covered in to secure them will wear out. One rig builder did a couple of mag bags and found that when they wore, the magnets would fall out during deployment.

3. They can snap together and injure your fingers. I KNOW this. B|

4. And you definitely want to keep the MagBag away from your credit cards. >:(

Anything else? :P

JerryBaumchen

How about a Youtube demo video showing how it works and how to pack it? I couldn't believe that there isn't anything on youtube for this.

Marketing man!

Jerry is a much better rigger than he is a computer guy. :P

Think of it as a standard freebag but instead of the two strips of velcro, tuck tabs. (and not molared). More squared (like a normal d-bag).
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

4. And you definitely want to keep the MagBag away from your credit cards. >:(

oh, and you say that NOW ?? :D:D (from memory it is written somewhere on the documentation you sent me)
Will try and do some pics/video around New-Year as for the moment I unfortunately don't have time
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Don't know much about AeroSports' NoStoBag, but I love my semi-stowless bag from Infinity. I just saw a slow-mo video on their facebook page, called Infinity Stowless Employment. There are also other dz.com threads about the stowless bag.
[url]http://www.dropzone.com/forum/Skydiving_C1/Gear_and_Rigging_F6/Semi_Stowless_Bag_Questions_P4223545/

Flora

-Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I modified a bag for myself with tuck tabs in '05 and love it, but more recently was thinking of using magnets if others wanted the semi-stowless bags -- because that's the trendy thing. Your preference for tuck tabs inspires me to think more about sticking with that design in the future.

I modified a bag for myself with tuck tabs in '05 and love it, but more recently was thinking of using magnets if others wanted the semi-stowless bags -- because that's the trendy thing. Your preference for tuck tabs inspires me to think more about sticking with that design in the future.

Good pros and cons of magnets and tuck tabs on no-stow deployment bags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDuijFUD-4U

I have about 1200 jumps on several of the UPT bags including a couple hundred on the prototype which was/is made by Scott Roberts.

I've jumped Katana 120s and now a Velocity 103.

I absolutely love the openings.

When I first started showing up to places like Summerfest, my packers didn't want to have anythig to do with it but after I showed them a couple of times they fought over who was going to pack for me.

I'm confident those who are making similar bags will probably have similar results.

I have people with 30 jumps using them.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

How about a Youtube demo video showing how it works and how to pack it? I couldn't believe that there isn't anything on youtube for this.

Here's a link to Infinity's semi-stowless bag.

[url]http://youtu.be/Vd8ETImeU4w

Flora

-Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.