roam82

harness size

Are DZs usualy open on swaping canopies on student rigs?

Provided that you are a regular jumper there, your skills match up with whatever it is you're trying to do, and you're willing to pay for the rig rental and for someone to do the swap, I'd say there's a good chance it would happen.

If his rig doesnt fit, you should just try to BASE jump a skydiving canopy. Either way produces the same result

...................................................................................
Caution!
Sarcasm does not always translate well into print.

Hi!

I want to skydive a base canopy and the only person I know who has a container big enough to fit it is like 6'2 and I
.....................................................................................

The real question is: what is the difference between your torso lengths?
To find your torso length, follow the SunPath (Javelin) harness-measuring method.
Hint: you wil only get relevant numbers if measured by a rigger or tailor who is familiar with the measuring method.
Subtract your inseam from your total height. Then subtract another 20 inches (head and neck). This will produce a number in the high teens (e.g. 19 inches) which should be the same length as your Main Lift Web (the distance between the hip joint and the bottom of the 3-Ring harness ring).
IOW if the other guy is "short-waisted" and you are "long-waisted" the same harness will be safe and comfortable on both of you.