Cornholio

Raeford ROCKS!!! and the people are cool too!!

So it's about 12:30AM out here in the East coast and I'm getting ready to head to bed so I can get up early and catch a flight out to NorCal, have X-mas, and then drive down to Eloy. Whooo!!

So anyway I spent the afternoon at Raeford Parachute center in North Carolina. First person I see is NATHAN!! So I get the tour of the dropzone, the eats, the team rooms, and then the RV ghetto grounds... I think that is what they call them. Nate's got a cool pad ( the Winibago.)

I did 3 jumps today. The fist one being a HnP from the 182 at 5.5 since the winds kicked up as soon as I got there and people were waiting for them to calm down. The next two were Otter jumps - a 3 way skills jump, and then a 7 way Cluster jump that funneled at the beginning but we pulled it together around 8-9 k, since we started at 15.1K!! (normal jump alti is 12.5-13) I met lots of dz.com people - I think there were about 8 or 9 of us there. Let's see there was me, Nathan, SkymonkeyOne, KatieBear, Derekbox, MattM, Slotperfect, and I forget the screennames of the others at this moment.... I have a picture of a few of us in front of their CASA - you can identify who they are. B|

Nathan was a damn good host. During the time I was having my fun up in the air, he was showing my dad around the place and talking to him a bit. He even led my dad out the landing area and got some good shots of a few of us landing.

I had a great time, and I just wanted to say a big Thanks!! to the people for the few hous that I was out there today. I know I owe a case for my first jump on my new container and also for my first jump at Raeford. If the family was not with me and I could stay longer, I would loved to buy you all a beer. I hope to see some of you in Eloy and I will get you one there. As for Nathan not making it to Eloy this year....well... you just SUCK!! Love ya bro!! Look us NorCal peeps up when you come out this way.

You should have seen the look on my dad's face when I pointed out that the Otter was about to crash into the landing field... his first flyby LOL Attached are a few pics. Recognize anyone ?? I will try and post the bigger pics on my website when I get home.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

IMG_0032a.jpg

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0041a.jpg

Nice pics.... SkymonkeyOne with grippers, huh?!:o Sounds like a blast over there. Yeah, the Shark has to road trip it over there sometime.
It's been raining here in SoCal. Oh, well. Got some more shopping done and dropped some goodies off at the dropzone.:)

Yup. I have to agree Raeford is pretty damn cool. it was like a mini dz.commer boogie.

I too had a great time. Nathan loaned me his rig, got to make a jump on it.. that took the edge off for a couple of days. Was a little more loaded than Im used to tho... ;Þ

Anyways - great to meet you all. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics. next time we will all have to make a jump together provided the winds arent kicking.

D

P.S. yeah and next time no grippers. ;)

Even though it was windy, and I had time for only one jump, it was fun being with all of you at Raeford yesterday.

It's great to see so many dot commers showing up so often. I see a "Dropzone.com Boogie" in our future somewhere, like Raeford! Big enough to handle the event, yet small enough that the event doesn't get swallowed up by other things happening that weekend.

What do you think, HH? B|

Arrive Safely

John

Rock on!!! Yesterday was truly cool although we only got up about 2-3 times each!!! Despite the winds, the weather was beautiful and the company second to none! I have several pictures that I will post tomorrow when I finally make it home!;)
Am posting today from the Coconutmonkey Lounge. They are outside setting things on fire and shooting big guns! Winds are high but Chuck will still do a tandem or two and the rest of us will get absolutely blistered! Most definitely need a dz.com boogie here at Raeford!!! I believe the others that joined us were PLFKing and MattM! :)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

They ARE great at Raeford!! We'll be down there soon to meet ya Nathan. You aren't going to Eloy?? You can help us find some trouble to get into up here in Raleigh if you want for New Years Eve...the kids will be out-of-town!

(Hey Chuckie has a fuzzy face now! I like it :)
Pam

i recognize satan with the flaming helmet and orange grippers...

I had a blast chasing Satan around the sky, as he was hauling my co-worker on his first tandem.

I was only out for a few hours, but it's always fun hanging out and talking to Chuck and John. I got to meet the lovely and out-going Katiebear also.

And even got to talk to Nathan for a few minutes ! I always thought he was just a myth......;)

Don

And we all know, there is nothing more dangerous than a monkey with a mission;)

how bout a whole bunch o' monkeys with a mission???

ELOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

steve

Some people call that a cult LOL:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

All I have to say is: 1.5 days till meltdown.

I"m getting scared...i need someone to hold me...;)

I thought you said you had your man with you?:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had a great time Cornholio. It was cool to see Derekbox and PLFKing too. I will not be in Eloy. Had to change plans. Will be partying here like it should be though. Kate and Tony Thacker are having a Christmas Day Party. I will be at CSS on New Years Eve / Day so we can have a party there.

C-Ya,

;)