djrpilot

Best custom design jumpsuit?

Hey guys and gals,

Simply put...what company in the USA makes the best custom suits?

What kind of suit?

What price range?

What time frame?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

They can all make anything you can think of and can afford. That said, I have seen some $600 to $1000 suits that were ugly as hell. Simple can be better sometimes. I laugh when i look through the classifieds and see some of the "custom" jump suits people are trying to sell at high prices.

Hey guys and gals,

Simply put...what company in the USA makes the best custom suits?

The one which will both measure you for a suit and build it. They'll get it right. If they don't they'll fix it quickly without you waiting on shipping in both directions.

Without a popular brand name they won't do high volume and will be more likely to make things good (sew stripes in instead of doing them as apliques so you don't have a seam on your shoulder where your rig sits) instead of fast. They'll charge you less and deliver sooner too.

Check people at the DZ, you will see the difference.

couple of tips on the jumpsuit.
Short neck or long neck, your choice, but keep in mind the weather at your dz.
I love pockets, one on the inside of the belly zipper, and one on the upper arm. The one on the outside is small, but keep lip balm, couple of bucs for that outlanding so you can bribe a ride back.
Check the booties underneath, some makes tend to wear off quickly, and would require some work every now and then.
If you CAN land properly, you might consider white.
If you can't, consider the thick material for the bum/knees, and that dark color.
Lastly, fallrate. slow or fast suit......
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Check people at the DZ, you will see the difference.

If you can't, consider the thick material for the bum/knees, and that dark color.
Lastly, fallrate. slow or fast suit......

I think reinforced knees and seat make sense for everybody, I believe most of the wear on those parts comes from crawling around inside the plane, not falling on landing.

Bev Suits have a good reputation.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

For custom... Firefly!!!! I had sherry design a completely custom suit for me. I told her what i wanted, and she mad computer graphics to give me a picture to my description. Since it was completely custom, there were a couple things about it i wanted to change when i had it. So i talked to her, and she said they would change what ever i needed. Best customer service out of any of the companies i have dealt with. And best of all...2 week lead time for my suit!!! (I paid 40 doll hairs for rush)
Liquid sky suits are nice, but 6 months!?!? I hope you have a suit to wear in the mean time..