velocityphoto

sigma passenger harness

I have a sigma passenger harness with a busted spring in the top clip. i dremel the rivet of it. Now if i could find a spring to go in it and another rivet? Any ideas people? Thanks

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

If you need an idea, that means you don't know what you are doing. The only correct idea as far as I'm concerned is to return the harness to UPT or repair.

I rather hope you are joking. I don't see any rigger rating in your profile. This is a harness repair and needs to be done by a master rigger at the least.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have seen that repair done with an AN bolt, steel washer, teflon-lined nut, etc. ONCE! Within a year, I had removed the defective B-12 Snap and sewn in a serviceable snap.

BUT, - like the previous poster said - harness repairs are best done by Master Riggers.

Rob Warner
FAA Master Rigger
Strong Tandem Examiner

I have a sigma passenger harness with a busted spring in the top clip. i dremel the rivet of it. Now if i could find a spring to go in it and another rivet? Any ideas people? Thanks

If you own your own tandem rig - it's like a printing press for money. Spend the little bit that it takes to keep the gear in good shape. That's my motto for the gear at my home DZ.

(Replace the whole snap, master rigger, etc)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Send the Passenger harness to the UPT rigging loft, FYi UPT holiday shut down starts on wednesday and it will re open on january 2nd.
Cielo Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito