smiles

quiting smoking...

Sebazz, where are you on this thread? dude, I know you have good advice.

as for me, I sooo am ready to quit.

but my question is for the quitters and the ones that want to quit.....how do you deal with stress? when stress comes along, I am weak....admitting it (I hope) is not being in denial, but being honest.

What else to you look towards or lean on for stress in your life? exercise? is that the cure all?

If you can learn to accept that you will never have antoher cig then you got it beat, if you keep thinking that you have to have one then it will beat you. I quit after smoking for 10 years and did it cold turkey and with no mood swings, but I convinced myself that I would never have a smoke again and that it wasent worth me getting upset over. If you cant convince yourself that you can quit then you are setting yourself up for failure, don't quit until you know you can beat it!

Good Luck!

Jim

Don´t belive the hype

but my question is for the quitters and the ones that want to quit.....how do you deal with stress? when stress comes along, I am weak....admitting it (I hope) is not being in denial, but being honest.

What else to you look towards or lean on for stress in your life? exercise? is that the cure all?

ahhhh-stress??
Well, your nerves are wired if you smoke, and smoking doesn't help anyone deal with stress.
I know some that have quit the cigs and just smoke the weed.
Massage therapy & exercise is great- my massage therapists says....relax- you need to relax, stretch, power walk,swim. "I skydive", she says "but isn't that stress??"...I say "yes- but it is the best stress in the world". Everyone deals with stress differently. In a line up at the store the lady infront of me was having a mental breakdown because there wasn't her brand of toothpaste on the shelf???????????????
She was heading home for a drink..........

Smiles;)

Zyban/ Wellbutrin tend to discourage smoking. But you can still smoke. I noticed that it made the smoke taste really nasty. There is a risk of seizures and I recall reading an incident where a jumper had a seizure in free-fall on the medication. Too much seretonin or something...

I quit cold turkey for my birthday last year. Made it 9 months w/ out a smoke. Then I partied a bit too much at a boogie and went back to smoking.

My Father just had heart by-pass surgery (non-smoker) and I think that has convinced me to quit again for New Years.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Ahhh, damn...I was looking for the "magic pill", I guess. So much for taking the Wellbutrin. I have a friend that turned me on to a bunch of it and recommended that I try it but the print on these small bottles is so small I can't read it. I guess it's the patch for me altho I've tried it before (and posted it in a different thread). Thanks for the heads up ya'll...

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

You gotta be "sick and tired" of being "sick and tired" of being a slave to smoking. That's pretty much what got me done with it.

I looked at an empty pack of smokes, and just surrendered. I was tired of spending $4.50+ per pack. I was tired of making points in my errands to buy cigs where they were cheaper. I was tired of making sure I had enough smokes to take with me if I was going out for a day/evening. I was tired...ad infinitum.

I too, did not smoke in my car, or in the house.

The best thing about my quitting smoking in early October (I can't remember) was the immediate improvement in my sleep patterns. Better REM sleep, easier to wake up in the morning, easier to fall asleep in the evening. The rest is a gift in my opinion.:)
You have to resign yourself to the fact that cigarettes are your master and just give up. Stop feeding the battle. Stop that thinking in the back of your mind whenever you buy a pack or a carton. Put off lighting up a smoke each time you get the urge (convince yourself you don't have the time, "I'll wait an hour." or "Maybe tomorrow").

My smoking habit was costing me between 7 and 10 jumps per month....:o

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!