phatcat

Lucid Dreaming: Part 2 - I can Fly! But not Far...

Okay, I know I'm a dork for even posting this but I don't care. That other thread I posted about lucid dreaming was a pleasant surprise because I didn't realize so many other people could do it. So, for those that can, do you fly in them? I'm kind of new at it but last night I was finally able to do it, but only briefly, then I woke up.>:( It was cool as hell, I was yelling "WOOOOHOOOO" in the dream and I kept wondering if my "real" mouth was doing it too (and praying it wasn't.) It's so weird, once you realize it's a dream you think you can do anything you want, but then you try and it doesn't work. I kept trying to conjure up a certain girl but I couldn't do it:). But I'm learning, hopefully I can apply some techniques I've read about and have some real omnipotent fun in my nightly downtime!

OK- I don't know if this qualifies as a lucid dream- but here goes-
I had dream i was in freefall and it was time to pull- So I pull, and nothing opens- So I pull again- nothing- Pull the reserve- nothing, So I realize I'm gonna bounce, and say to myself- "Hey no biggie- It's just a dream - It's cool-) And I relax and watch the ground rush up, bounce like I'm plopping down in bed, lie there on the grass for a few moments, and get up and head to the packing shed-

Go figure-

Easy Does It

K- I don't know if this qualifies as a lucid dream- but here goes-
I had dream i was in freefall and it was time to pull- So I pull, and nothing opens- So I pull again- nothing- Pull the reserve- nothing, So I realize I'm gonna bounce, and say to myself- "Hey no biggie- It's just a dream - It's cool-) And I relax and watch the ground rush up, bounce like I'm plopping down in bed, lie there on the grass for a few moments, and get up and head to the packing shed-

I have LOTS of "bounce" dreams, most become lucid after the fact - "Gee, I should be dead, I must be dreaming!"

I've tried lucid dreaming, even have a book on it.

I've never been able to accomplish it, and stopped trying. Eh, why dream it when you can make your dreams reality? Just a thought.

But, the one thing I did learn from someone in the past, and I don't know if it's true or not, but I was told there is a documented (book, I wanna say?) experience that seven scientists were able to share a lucid dream together. It sounded like bs, but what the hell, I'll share the rumor.

So I pull again- nothing- Pull the reserve- nothing, So I realize I'm gonna bounce, and say to myself- "Hey no biggie- It's just a dream - It's cool-) And I relax and watch the ground rush up, bounce like I'm plopping down in bed, lie there on the grass for a few moments, and get up and head to the packing shed-

Um, why are you going to the packing shed when you had nothing out to pack up? Why didn't you just get back on the plane and go up again?

Geesh...dreams make NO sense!;)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

If you feel like you are waking up start spinning around(theres a chance youll lose control of the dream but you wont wake up) it helps. i did lucid dreaming after i saw a book on it in the library.
ihavent tried it in a while but i used to have fun flying then i got into skydiving!
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

weird shit. I used to have a lot of really frightening nightmares when I was a kid. Then when I was 12 I read a book about dream control.. I killed the demon that was taking me into my nightmares, and I have had almost no nightmares since.

The demon was really scary...Picture a hag's head frozen in a silent scream, with eight arms extending off of it. Each arm looks like the arm of a bat without the webbing on it, and with opposable talons on the end. This was all superimposed on a throbbing blood-red background... I would be brought towards her & she would grab me and take me into my nightmares. Well, I killed her when I was 12 & eliminated nearly all of my nightmares.

:$hmmm, must be all the beer, but I've never articulated it all quite that way before, but that is what actually happened.:o

ok someone post some boobies before things get too serious.... :P

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Scariest dream I've had to date went something like this:

I'm walking through my house, and it's filled with electronic equipment and radio parts, and there's people there, that apparently I 'know' and are good friends of mine. I walk into my room, say hi to the guy who's in there soldering some components onto a board, and I sit down on my bed to watch him.
I prop myself up on my bed with my arms behind me, and as I'm sitting there, just after the other person in the room leaves, I feel this strange gnawing on my right hand.

I look, and there's this creature laying in my bed. It looks roughly human -- or once-human -- devoid of legs or arms. It's very bloody, and looks to have been beaten up very badly. It's staring at me with yellow eyes, and it's chattering its razor-sharp teeth.

I stand up, staring at it, and it starts to shake its head back and forth, rapidly. I run out of my room and into my bathroom (i don't know why), when I hear it scream at me. With a voice that changes in pitch from deep, deep bass (almost in the inaudable range) to extremely high, it screams, "TELL ME WHERE IT IS!!!"

I wake up, and for 30 minutes I am unable to move, frozen in fear.

This was like 4 years ago. I've been trying to discern a meaning, and in all this time I've been unable to do so. I don't know what the creature thought I was hiding from it, and I don't know where to find what it might have been looking for. All I know is that I feel as if something in my subconsious were trying to get my attention.
--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.

It looks roughly human -- or once-human -- devoid of legs or arms. It's very bloody, and looks to have been beaten up very badly. It's staring at me with yellow eyes, and it's chattering its razor-sharp teeth.

I stand up, staring at it, and it starts to shake its head back and forth, rapidly. I run out of my room and into my bathroom (i don't know why), when I hear it scream at me. With a voice that changes in pitch from deep, deep bass (almost in the inaudable range) to extremely high, it screams, "TELL ME WHERE IT IS!!!"

this is some amazing shit...I could make a horror movie on the level of Eraserhead with these images...hmmmm... its weird, I had these weird images of this spider-woman/demon all my life & never realized the imagery that was there....it just goes to show you how much we under-estimate kids... we think that kids are sooo sweet & innocent that they could NEVER dream up anything REALLY bad. but when I was a kid my nightmares were worse than anything Stephen King could ever come up with.:P

the power of the human imagination is amazing.
Speed Racer

you gotta look at the imagery.... the bathroom is where you run to. It is also where you 1) purge bodily wastes and 2) cleanse yourself.

somehow what the creature wanted was something you need to get rid of. which means that maybe, despite its hideous appearance, it wasn't really your enemy.
Speed Racer

somehow what the creature wanted was something you need to get rid of. which means that maybe, despite its hideous appearance, it wasn't really your enemy.

Damn.

Never thought of looking for symbolism in the bathroom... hehe

There was a red towel on the towel rack (which doesn't exist) -- that's all I remember actually being in the bathroom. Also, I didn't shut the door (which seems to me would be the sensible thing if i were trying to hide)
--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.

I once had this weird dream while camping out with a couple friends. I dreampt that my ex-girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) and I were walking around dead-end street near where I live. There was NOBODY around, just me and her. We're walkin' and talkin' on the sidewalk and she drops some weird books nuclear physics or somethin' (I'm not really sure why that was in my dream) and when she bends over to pick them up, the straps on her overalls come off somehow. Then there I am standing face to face with her and she's completely nude with her overalls at her feet. She doesn't seem embarrased. Before I realise she's naked I look down at her books that she didn't pick up and she gets PISSED at me. She was so pissed of and she's screaming at me saying "What are you doing!!! Don't look at my pussy!" and I honestly wasn't (strangest part of the dream right?) and I'm trying to tell her "Baby I was going to pick up your books! I'm sorry baby I wasn't lookin I swear!" and she's screaming at me sayin she doesn't believe me.

Now I've always been the silent type. When I get angry I rarely act like it. I'm one of those people that you think "Damn some day that kids just gonna explode and massacre somebody". Well I was so freakin ticked off that she didn't believe me, I scream louder than anyone has ever screamed before "WHY NOT!!!!!" It was sooo loud that it echoed like crazy. I sounded like Zeus in the dream. Well apparently I wasn't totally asleep cause I woke up an instant later and my friend was scared shitless! I screamed "Why Not" at the top of my lungs, in the middle of the woods at 6:00 am. He and I both were confused as hell cause I couldn't remember why I screamed for another couple days when I finally remembered the dream.

Then when I was 12 I read a book about dream control.. I killed the demon that was taking me into my nightmares, and I have had almost no nightmares since.

I've had a pretty similar experience. I too used to have nightmares. Then in one dream(another nightmare) something just didn't make sense(some wierd stuff that dreams are filled with), which baffled me. Then it hit me: "This is a dream!" I didn't need to read any books about it either. I fried the fuckers that were after me, haven't had any nightmares since, until a couple of weeks ago.

That was different though; if the earlier nightmares were splatter/horror movies, this one was a psychological thriller. I can remember no details except that there was no-one to fry, so I couldn't do anything.... I just remember sitting up in my bed, gasping for breath. Not cool.

I just remember sitting up in my bed, gasping for breath. Not cool.

I personally havent had a nightmare since leaving my ex boyfriend (hmmm...strange)

But! I'm having this re-occuring dream at the moment, where three of my closest friends are paying out on me. They make my life a living hell. All I really remember from these dreams is that my friends push me to a point where I just get so fired up and hurt by them that I chuck the shits and yell and scream pathetically. Although, they dont hear a single thing I say and they all leave. And I am left all alone, with no friends. I wake up from the dream, and I've actually had tears running down my face!

AAARRGGGHHH!!! I'm too scared to sleep!

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after