f1freak

Anyone get into motorcycle racing???

I've always enjoyed watching it, but I've never been able to follow it too closely, there are so many series and I get confused. I've seen the Isle of Man race and yeah!! That's great stuff!

One thing I followed very closely this past year was Formula 1. Wow! NASCAR, CART, IRL don't hold a candle next to that! B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I particularly liked the series after the Austrian Grand Prix...the commentary was great, especially if Barichello was in the lead! ;) Schummacher rules! B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

F1 sucks ass. It's not true racing - just how quickly your pit crew can change tyres. World Superbikes is where the true racing is. Foggy ruled, and will again this season with Petronas. Moto GP is ok i guess, but I can't stand the noise of those 2 strokes (even though they're getting 190 HP:o)

-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

the isle of mann TT is on speed channel now....
CRAZY FUCKERS.....:D:D

I raced motorbikes at club level for a year until I was introduced to skydiving - couldn't afford to do them both :) I got more adrenaline from motorbike racing but I hated getting up early and all the spannering that goes into it during the week. For example: you have to change the front brake fluid after every meeting, it just boils up and turns to spongey shit after a meet. But it was awesome.

I went to watch the TT 10 years running. Me and a mate, several times during the 10 day hol, would stay sober and sleep at 9pm so that we could get up at 0430 and have a couple of laps on an empty circuit with no speed cameras, ignoring all the traffic lights and speed ristrictions. It was awesome. I clocked a 27 min lap on an FZR250 at my peak, and if you know the TT circuit you will know that is fucking good :) After that I took it to the race track - I was too fast on the roads for safety.

Now I skydive! What else is there :)
Rich M

Now that's cool....
damn, flying through the little towns, next to all the BRICK buildings.
COOL...B|

Hehe, don't forget the very solid telegraph poles and dry stone walls :) And it 37.75 miles of twisty country roads so you've gotta be really sure which way the next corner goes before you barrel into this one :) Over 10 years I did about 150 real laps, in the last 3 years I did an additional 250 laps watching a 22 minute video of a Joey Dunlop lap so I could learn the circuit in the weeks prior to going out; I knew the circuit better than at least 30% of the racers B| Love the place, the racing and the atmosphere, it kicks.
Rich M

Moto Gp rocks

It's an improvement, but I still like WSB. Plus the bikes are closer to street bikes as well which means you can have one for a lot less money B|
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

You don't like 2 strokes? Blasphemy. I have had a ypvs rz 350 for years. I love the smell and spazzy power.

I have never raced, but when I was younger, I used to have holes in all my jeans from dragging my knees around on the street. Dumb. But a blast. Love that RZ. Still have it, but have slowed down immensely. Does hellacious wheelies still though.

We go to Laguna Seca almost every year for the WSB. I do like the 500's though. A dying breed, but cool.

----------------------------
bzzzz

only Motorcross....when I lived in Michigan 10 minutes away from Red Bud Trail.

Jeremy McGrath was so high in the air..it's awesome watching that from on top of the hill looking up at his bike hanging in the air for a moment. It was an "awe" moment. As in, I wish I could do that....and not fsck it up. ;)

Gotta love TT
The whole Isle is one big fest and the public get to go wild on "MAD SUNDAY"(everybody is allowed to run the upper course/short);)
I just sold my last bike the week before WFFC:(
after riding since I was 4(whole family rode)
I worked at Summit PT. Raceway
decided skydiving has a better survival rate due to >>>>Soccer Mom>in Mini vans >with Cell phones=
flattened GSXR's>:(
-------p.s. they took Isle of Mann TT off the World Cup Circut do to the hazards of walls, towns & an average of 6 deaths a year back then.
27 years on 2 wheels is like a physical part of my being that I gave up.

don't have cable, havnt seen speed vision in months. I'm fliiping out about that. Just won a signed poster of Erik Bostrum from Alpine Stars, pretty bitchen....

been seeing a lot of the bayliss ducati's out here in san diego

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky