stevepearce

STUDENT TRAINING USING Two ACTION WITH RSL on the cutaway And AAD on reserve

I've got thick e-skin so I'm not offended by your comments. I did originally re-read my first post and I am wondering why this is considered a breach of safety regulations. Maybe it was just a bad assumption on your part or am I still missing something?

I was trained on both systems although when doing independent research did find that my SOS training did miss a small but very important point. My main reason for bringing this up is that those designing the instruction need to make sure that important details are not overlooked.

-Michael

hi again sorry for the concern
but in your initial comment you didnt give a tme frame for the two jumps and you didnt say that they were at two different Dzs
i hope this helps
cheers steve
If you can't kill yourself doing it, its not a sport... its a game.

Risk factors do not add up, they multiply

i find your comments rather disturbing with 2 posted jumps and you have been so you say trained on two types of gear
this in itself is not common practice and actually
is a breach of safety regulations

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Minor legal point:

While that may be a breach of safety regulations in Australia, it is not specifically addressed by North American safety regulations.
... however, bouncing back and forth between different student systems is considered DUMB in North America.
It is far too easy for a stressed student to pull the wrong handles - in the wrong sequence - because he was not thoroughly re-trained for the new system.

Hint: you need hundreds of manual practices to ingrain new reserve procedures.

Do you guys think that after a lot of experience the thought process behind doing the reserve pull stays fresh? For things to work for me I have to understand how they do function then it's not so much of a big deal. I understand that others have different learning styles and are maybe not mechanically minded.

For those who did need to whip it out after a main failure of some sort - do you think the normal jump experience you had allowed you to identify and react to the problem quicker?

The rigger at my current DZ mentioned that there was a new system out or coming out that would eliminate incomplete pulls or something like that. Anyone know about it?

-Michael

The rigger at my current DZ mentioned that there was a new system out or coming out that would eliminate incomplete pulls or something like that. Anyone know about it?

-Michael

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your rigger was probably referring to reserve static-lines. The latest type of RSL is the Skyhook, which includes a Collins Lanyard .... It was originally designed to reduce the danger of broken risers on Vector Tandems, because if the right riser breaks, it will pull the left riser release cable as it leaves, clearing your back for a smooth reserve deployment.
Any type of RSL will help if you cutaway, but do a sissified, girly, limp-wristed, half-hearted, faggoty attempt at follow-through with your reserve ripcord.

If the above sounded politically-incorrect ......

Yes that must be it. I couldn't remember what he had called it so it was going to be pretty hard for me to find info and read up on it.

As for affi being confused I didn't explain the 2nd part very well... If a student encounters some sort of malfunction, let's say bag lock for example, then it may take them a few seconds to identify that there is a problem and take the apropriate action. However, at least the training is fresh in their memory.

Now, suppose you've got 400 jumps under your belt. From the stats I was reading on failures in the parachutists handbook it seems unlikely that you would experience a failure in 400 jumps.

After 400 jumps of dust on your initial emergency training do you think that you would be as efficient at whipping out the reserve or more efficient because you would know immediately that you've got a high speed malfunction in addition to good altitude awareness and finally be less likely to panic?

-Michael

After 400 jumps of dust on your initial emergency training do you think that you would be as efficient at whipping out the reserve or more efficient because you would know immediately that you've got a high speed malfunction in addition to good altitude awareness and finally be less likely to panic?

I am more prepared to handle EP's now than when I was at 400 jumps, simply because I continue to train before every jump. At 400 jumps, I was less prepared than when I had 20 jumps because back then I did not continue to train. But that is just for me, continued training makes me better prepared - I cannot speak for everyone, but I would imagine continued training is the best course of action across the board, but only religious or political people speak for everyone, so fire em up if ya got em if that’s what your into…
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…