racerman

Canopy help wanted

I'm looking for input on canopies. I'm a fun jumper over 50, exit weight 230. I'm looking for a canopy, either 7 or 9 cell, that opens softly, flies great and lands softly. I don't mind having to run it out on no wind days but cross country is out! Any input would be helpful.:)

Sounds like you need a Comp Velo 96. It's a good 7-cell...

Not really, take a good look at the PD Storm and PD Spectre, both are 7-cells, both open and fly very well. PD will send you demos to try out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What's wrong with your current firebolt? I've always liked the spectres but they don't have the forward drive on windy days or at least that's what I found on a Spectre 135 (120 jumps). They do have great consistsnt openings and hold their value. Don't have any experience with the pulse or storms.

Im gonna need a bigger hammer....

i may get in trouble for hijacking this thread, but in the vein of the original ops thread title, "canopy help wanted", im gonna ask............

ive done about 150 jumps on both a spectre 150 and a sabre1 150, and i think im wanting to downsize to a 135.............

i dont really like the 7 cell flare as much as i like the flare of a sabre1, and a sabre2 is a bit better.......
does anyone see a problem with me possibly demoing/downsizing to a pilot 132?
gravity brings me down.........