fudd

LOTR: Two towers!!!

Just saw it myself after watching the extended DVD version of Fellowship yesterday. Loved it. I read these books through probably no less than a dozen times starting from 5th grade and last time I read them was when I was 25 (5 years ago). I've seen the cheesy attempts at animated versions, etc. I think this is the absolute best version you could hope to have of these books on film.

One thing I've found though is that the people who seem to enjoy the movies the most are those that have read the books, but not too recently. Those who haven't read them, get confused. And those who read them as their walking into the theater are dissapointed. So, if you haven't read them, read them over the next couple of months, rent the DVD's for parts one and two next December, and then go see the last one. Can't wait. I'll probably go see this on in the theater a couple more times.

What you say is so true.

I was obsessed by these books 25 years ago when people were saying games of D & D were devil worship shite. I spent a year drawing a 10 by 10 foot map of middle earth with a fountain pen... Still have it. Looking old now, like me.

The movies are good. I'll read the book again. And again.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

my fav part was when the elf and the dwarf were keeping a count of how many they killed so far

I remember that from the book! shit now I have to go to the library & rent the books again.B|

One of my favorie lines from the first film was when they are escaping the Mines of Moria across a gap in the stone stairway.... They throw the hobbits over, and then the dwarf Gimli says "NOBODY TOSSES A DWARF!!" ROTFLMFAO!!!
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Two Towers came out in Oz on 26/12, have seen it twice and would love to go again ASAP...bloody brilliant!! I've been a fan of the books for near on 20 years (and before anyone cracks old fart jokes, my dad made me read the book when I was ten so :P ), I have to say that Peter Jackson ROCKS, he's done an absolutely wonderful job, and I need to find myself an elven warrior, yummo!! ;)

Error reading from device Brain - (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a coffee?

I just saw it. It was the best movie EVER and the three movies together will be the best FOREVER... I've got to see it again as soon as possible.

ahh! I am still absolutely impressed with Gollum...precious, my precious...the movie was awesome...

Oh How we Wissh
We had Some Fiish
Nice Fissh
Jucie Sweet, What a treat!
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

gollumx.jpg

I am still absolutely impressed with Gollum

So this brings up a new question -- can a somewhat "animated" character win an Oscar for "best supporting"?

It's gonna be a lonnggggg year waiting for the King! I started reading the triology again last night -- about 25 years after I first read it!

The mother superior hears a knock on the door of the convent & opens the door. There stands the three dwarves Gimli, Thorin, and Dwalin. Thorin & Dwalin say to Gimli, "Go on! Ask her!"
So Gimli asks the mother superior, "Do you have any dwarf nuns here?" The Mother superior says no.
"Well, but there are such things as dwarven nuns, right?" And the Mother Superior answers, "No, I'm afraid not."

Then Thorin and Dwalin begin chanting, "Gimli fucked a penguin! Gimli fucked a penguin!"
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------