fudd

LOTR: Two towers!!!

What can I say...it rocks :)
Saw both "Fellowship of the Ring" and "Two Towers" at the cinema yesterday/today.
Don't bother seing Two towers if you havent seen the first movie.

Read the book first...highly recomended.

For other hardcore fans, here's some clues: Balrog fight, ents and oliphants !!!

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

According to the books, he still has a bit of a fight with the Balrog, then escapes Moria and makes off to Rohan to pick up Shadowfax, then back to Helms Deep.

It opens here today, I'm on sprog duty, but Susie is off to see it tonight. I'll catch it some time over the weekend...:)I'm really looking forward to the Helms Deep scenes.....And how they treat the ents without making them look too silly!

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Apparently it took 4 months of night shoots to film the Helms Deep battle. I think it might be quite good.....
From what I've seen of the Ents, I think they have managed without making them laughable.
Off to see it tomorrow afternoon, can't boody wait ;-)
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

There's more with the balrog? Thought that scene was done!

In the book, on his return Gandalf tells the story of his battle with the Balrog and his escape from Moria. Haven't seen the movie yet, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Gandalf" has been here in my town shooting another movie the past couple of weeks... I'd like to sit with him and watch The Two Towers ... then go for a beer after and talk about his experiences making the movies!

What film is McKellen working on in Victoria (or is it Vancouver)?

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yes it rocks! I went to bed at 4am, and am still staring very lazingly at my monitor. Definitely worth the loss of sleep though.

For the purists it is not exactly like the book, but film is a different media and I think Jackson has done an excellent job bringing the spririt of the books to film. I never felt pity for Gollum in the books, seeing him in the movie, I was struck by pity. Actually more lifelike than I good have imagined, he was freaking Hamlet. Very nice scene.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I agree on the gollum part. Very nice!
Also I found that the movie actually made the story much more clear to me. (What happens where, etc, etc.) The book is so full of differnent names for the same places and a little hard to follow sometimes (even the 4th 5th and 6th time).
Can't wait to read the book again :)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes it rocks! I went to bed at 4am, and am still staring very lazingly at my monitor. Definitely worth the loss of sleep though.

For the purists it is not exactly like the book, but film is a different media and I think Jackson has done an excellent job bringing the spririt of the books to film. I never felt pity for Gollum in the books, seeing him in the movie, I was struck by pity. Actually more lifelike than I good have imagined, he was freaking Hamlet. Very nice scene.

Just saw the movie and wasn't too happy. Should have been called "The Battle of Helm's Deep".

Helm's Deep occupies 15 pages in my copy of the book, out of 320 (that's less than 5%) but it must be fully 1/4 of the movie.

They omitted the reunion of Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli with the young hobbits, the Palantir, Shelob's Lair, and the choices of Master Samwise. They invented some mushy stuff about Aragorn and Arwen, and whole lot about Faramir kidnapping Frodo and Sam and taking them to Osgiliath. Also invented was a bit about Aragorn falling off a cliff during an ambush by wargs on the journey from Edoras to Helm's Deep.

I didn't see any point to the "new" stuff except to give more screen time to women.

However, Gollum was marvelous, as were the oliphaunts.

Most of what was omitted will be in the Return of the King, he tried to space the material out equally between the films.

Considering all the talk about how hard it is to fit the material into 3 hours, why are they adding extraneous stuff? I didn't see that Aragorn's cliff adventure added anything to the story, nor did Frodo's side trip to Osgiliath. Didn't mind seeing a bit more of Arwen, though:)

Went today to go and try and see it and they were SOLD OUT...that sux I wanted to see it soo bad well maybe Ill have some luck this weekend. maybe a scalper will have a ticket or someone....hehehehe j/k
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

I might be one of the only people who -hasn't- read the whole trilogy. Maybe this works better?

After seeing FOTR I read The Hobbit and FOTR. It made it all come alive and put the missing pieces in place. It started to make some sense then.

Haven't read the Two Towers yet, and I really liked the movie tonight. Agree with flyingferret that Gollum develops as a character who you start to actually feel for. Stuck in a paradox of good and evil and crossed over which way to ultimately go.

Want to see TT again soon. Perhaps if it's raining in CA this weekend and the DZ is empty.:P

ltdiver
PS One of the funniest parts was when Aragorn and Arwen's romantic scene was playing out, someone's cell phone in the theater started playing the tune 'Santa Clause is coming to town'. Arghhh!!!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

PS One of the funniest parts was when Aragorn and Arwen's romantic scene was playing out, someone's cell phone in the theater started playing the tune 'Santa Clause is coming to town'. Arghhh!!!

So, who was naughty and who was nice?

Got to the theater yesterday, only to find that it was sold out... >:(

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."