ELLIOTT

Split DBag

I have my nicely S folded canopy ready to go into the DBag and then everything goes wrong and just end up stuffing it in.
I had once a DBag that was split between the two center gromments which you closed with velcro.
Are they still available or do I have to modify a new one ? I am sure this would help getting the canopy in nicely . Any reason not to use a split bag.
I know practice makes perfect.

My first rig had a split D-bag that someone had sewn shut, so obviously it wasn't all that desired. Velcro near suspension lines is a bad idea because of the wear it adds over time.

Yes, practice makes perfect, but even better is to learn and practice a good technique. Look around for "Psycho pack" and "precision pack". Both involve folding the canopy into a cocoon rather than stuffingshovingcrunching. It's neater, packs tighter, and wants to reinflate less. Once you s-fold, it's less likely to puff up and get away from you.

Forget the split bag. Learn how to pack better or learn a better way to pack.

Strong Tandems have a split bag with velcro. A lot of them end up getting sewn shut. If you search around a bit you can find the discussion of the pros and cons of the idea.

It does make getting the bag around the canopy easier, but velcro is a very high maintenance item. Plan on replacing the pile side of the velcro pretty frequently.

Proper technique, lots of practice, and a canopy that isn't new make bagging a lot easier.

I'd ask the maker of the H/C about them first.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My mirage came with a split bag...it was standard when I bought mine, but I believe now that you only get one on request. It didn't use velcro to close like tandem rigs do, but you would match up the gromets and closed with a rubber band and make the center locking stow

I am sure this would help getting the canopy in nicely

They don't.

Any reason not to use a split bag.

Sure.

With a tight fit it's easier to skip the first S-fold at the warning label end, do the remaining S-folds, bag the canopy, and then make the first S-fold than it is to mess with getting a split D-bag around the whole stack.

That also works real well with small canopies too short to make a nice defined first S-fold that wants to stay put.

As other posters have pointed out split bags also mean velcro near your lines and one more maintenance item.

I have my nicely S folded canopy ready to go into the DBag and then everything goes wrong and just end up stuffing it in.
I had once a DBag that was split between the two center gromments which you closed with velcro.
Are they still available or do I have to modify a new one ? I am sure this would help getting the canopy in nicely . Any reason not to use a split bag.

The split bad does not make packing easier.