ellinas

longer risers for Icon container

Hello people,

i currently own an Icon container and i am looking into changing the risers with longer ones. I browsed through Aerodynes website and did find longer risers available for the miniforce three ring system. The thing is that i would like to have bigger dive loops than the ones that came with the container when i purchased it. At the moment i can only fit 3 fingers inside and i suppose the longer ones that are sold from Aerodyne would have the same dive loops.

does anyone know if i could fit other risers on the container? I have seen some risers on Vectors with really big dive loops.

i have already sent an email to Aerodyne and while waiting for their answer i just wanted to get more opinions.

blue skies

You can put all miniring risers on your aerodyne rig.
Upt sells risers with louie loups, they are quite big.
But I recommend not to put more then 3 fingers in your diveloops. Because you also need fingers to hold your toggles..

thanks for your reply! i've seen the UPT ones and i have to say that i like them. my concern is not that i need to put all my fingers in the loop but the fact that the loops i have now are very small and the material is soft. this is causing problems when i need to put my fingers to initiate a front riser turn.

Have you thought about how longer risers might affect the canopy performance?
It's not necessarily going to be the same as before...

thanks for your input!

yes i am fully aware that the behavior of the canopy will change. i've done a couple of canopy courses (two with flight-1) and i am really into canopy piloting with the desire to slowly start swooping.