tristansdad

Jumping a harness thats to small.

Can that cause lower back pain? I'm paying to get my harness resized because its a bit small and the master rigger doing the work said that may be the cause of it. Has anyone else have that same problem? I stared jumping again two years ago and strangly enough that about the same time my back started bugging me.

Well, my harness is a little too small and it doesn't bother me particularly. Back problems can develop with skydiving, though, just from opening and positions. Flexibility and strength are your friends here.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Depends on how 'too' small had a G4 supplied to me by a balding midget (no offence to midgets) name of Piers Roberts(aka fedykin) who completely ignored my supplied measurements after offering one of those to good to be true offer a a new container.

Long story cut short (no pun intended)this thing dearched me, something i could deal with, but on top of that i had to deploy like a wingsuiter.

Something that fits is way better especially in the MLW department.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Can that cause lower back pain? I'm paying to get my harness resized because its a bit small and the master rigger doing the work said that may be the cause of it. Has anyone else have that same problem? I stared jumping again two years ago and strangly enough that about the same time my back started bugging me.

Yes. Especially if you insist that your leg straps are snug around your leg... Many manage with too short MLW's letting their leg straps make up for the difference. But if you tighten the leg straps down properly, you don't have that... Now, somewhat hunched-over with a tight MLW you tell your back that it needs to arch... How you gonna do that without putting additional compression on the spine?

Openning shock is bad enough, hard landings are going to happen, but this is a long time problem you can avoid.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Thank you, the Master Rigger that’s doing the adjustments pretty much said the same thing but I like to hear other opinions as well. I put about 430 jumps on the harness and my back reminds me of every single one. Hoping that the resize will alleviate the pain and I don’t have any long term affects. Your educated well put response is very much appreciated.