vanessalh

Packing with smaller rubber bands or just double loop?

Out of interest, what is "line dump"?

Line Dump or line strip or "out of sequence opening" are all the same thing. It is the phenomenon where the part of the line stow between the rubber bands, when it is given greater mass, will pull the bights, of the stows, out of their retainers. This allows the bag to open and the canopy to take air before the lines are completely extended. This in and of itself is not the biggest problem even though the lines aren’t accelerated and they are certainly not orderly. What is the killer is the slider, if it is not restrained, will be allowed to fall away from the bottom of the canopy. How far it falls is proportional to the severity of the "plate" inflation. The "plate" is the bottom skin initial taking of air. Its size is equal to the slider position relative to the bottom skin. This type of opening is to be avoided at all costs
This is why I specify, in my owners manual, the slider be retained, with a rubber band to the "B" line (usually), even with the "SPEED Bag" which has never been known to "Line Dump".

That's what you get when you use locking stows that are able to break too easily.

Breakage of rubber band line stows are very rarely the cause of "Line Dump" but the location of the line stows and the balance of the mass are. I have seen many line dumps with no broken bands, twisted into a roll but not broken.

The ability of the rubber band to break and the force at which it breaks is based upon the drag capability of the pilot chute. If the pilot chute goes into tow and the bag has begun to drag it, any rubber bands which might be involved in the lock will break, giving it a chance to clear.
Another good reason to know what your pilot chute drag capability is.

That's what you get when you use locking stows that are able to break too easily.

Breakage of rubber band line stows are very rarely the cause of "Line Dump" but the location of the line stows and the balance of the mass are. I have seen many line dumps with no broken bands, twisted into a roll but not broken.

The ability of the rubber band to break and the force at which it breaks is based upon the drag capability of the pilot chute. If the pilot chute goes into tow and the bag has begun to drag it, any rubber bands which might be involved in the lock will break, giving it a chance to clear.
Another good reason to know what your pilot chute drag capability is.

If the balance of line mass/acceleration of that mass is enough to unstow them, then I would also think there is plenty of additional tension on those locking stows.

Anyway, the locking stows rubber bands can easily break while the rig is sitting on the ground, as so many people use them when they show damage right up until they break. It is very easy for that damage/tear to get started.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Since its a tandem, Heavy canopy, non collapsed or only partially collapsed drogue and insufficient rubber bands. Sometimes it will still open just fine.

Bag strip is not a common thing with sport rigs.

PS, 127.50 is what came to mind. No other reason at all.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto