SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER
Date of Issue: 4/13/2012
Certificate: SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER Print
Ratings:
SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER
BACK
CHEST
SEAT

the date of issue is the one of my latest ratings (chest+seat), but does anybody know if the date of my first rating is showing anywhere ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

My understanding is the FAA shows only the date of the most recently received rating on the Airman's Certificate.

For example, you became a senior rigger, back type, in 1970 and added a seat rating last week. The FAA will list you as a Senior Rigger, Back and Seat ratings, 10/22/2012.

It is also my understanding the dates are discreet, so a rigger date will not change a pilot date, for example, but each will show the most recent date of certification.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I just changed from paper certificates to plastic and changed my licence number from my SS# to a differnt number in August. I have a pilot certificate and a rigger certificate. When I got both certificates back, both had August dates. I passed the practical test for powered parachute in June. It took 4 months to get that from the FAA. I received a new pilot license with that endorsment on it. That license replaced the one I just got and it had a June date on it(The date on the powered parachute application). So it seems every time there's a change or update on your certificate the issue date is updated.

My understanding is the FAA shows only the date of the most recently received rating on the Airman's Certificate.

Hmmm. If I was looking for a rigger that I didn't personally know, I'd want to know how many years of experience he has. And that system doesn't show it. Some guy who got his rating last week looks just the same as Dave DeWolf. Me no like.

OTOH the dates reflect your rigger's most recent training.

Personally, I don't want some grumpy old bastard - who learned everything he needed to know 30 years ago - working on my reserve.
I prefer to hire riggers who have recently done refresher training or added a new rating.

For the record, last year I attended a PIA Symposium and taught a CSPA Rigger A Course.
This year I added a Sigma TI rating and passed a Firearms Possession and Acquisition License Course.

OTOH the dates reflect your rigger's most recent training.

Personally, I don't want some grumpy old bastard - who learned everything he needed to know 30 years ago - working on my reserve.
I prefer to hire riggers who have recently done refresher training or added a new rating.

For the record, last year I attended a PIA Symposium and taught a CSPA Rigger A Course.
This year I added a Sigma TI rating and passed a Firearms Possession and Acquisition License Course.

But there are only 4 type ratings in the US. One could get an add on every year for 4 years, then (provided they meet the requirements) get a Master rating and have no way to update their ratings anymore (short of becoming a DPRE).
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It is also my understanding the dates are discreet, so a rigger date will not change a pilot date, for example, but each will show the most recent date of certification.

I believe you are correct, it is a different certificate number so it is separate.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I believe you are correct, it is a different certificate number so it is separate.

If you move and get replacement certificates the date will reflect that issuance of all certificates. Sucks! I've had my riggers ticket and A&P since 1976 but the record says 2007 when I changed addresses.

jon

If you move and get replacement certificates the date will reflect that issuance of all certificates. Sucks! I've had my riggers ticket and A&P since 1976 but the record says 2007 when I changed addresses.

jon

I'm sure anyone that is that concerned with it can contact their FSDO to get a copy of the initial dates for any certificate.

Mine aren't.

I got the plastic for my pilot's license (and the new "Non-SS#") in June 09, and my rigger cert in May 09 and they both have the same number.

I hadn't updated my pilot's cert to plastic (and the new number) until I got my rigger's cert.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Mine aren't.

I got the plastic for my pilot's license (and the new "Non-SS#") in June 09, and my rigger cert in May 09 and they both have the same number.

I hadn't updated my pilot's cert to plastic (and the new number) until I got my rigger's cert.

My pilot certificate and my rigger certificate have the same number also.

Mine aren't.

My pilot certificate and my rigger certificate have the same number also.

Interesting. Did you also convert your paper certs when you had both to the plastic?

Are they on the same card?

Interesting. Did you also convert your paper certs when you had both to the plastic?

I'm not sure what you mean by convert my paper certificates. I had paper, then I requested that I get the certificate number changed so that it wasn't my SS#. When they sent the replacements, they were the plastic cards.

The pilot license and rigger license are different certificates on 2 different cards, but they both have the same certificate number.

I'm not sure what you mean by convert my paper certificates. I had paper, then I requested that I get the certificate number changed so that it wasn't my SS#. When they sent the replacements, they were the plastic cards.

The pilot license and rigger license are different certificates on 2 different cards, but they both have the same certificate number.

Me too. I made the request right before I went to the rigger class so that I would have the new number for my rigger cert.

And I have 2 seperate cards, one for rigger, one for pilot (I actually have a 3rd for ground instructor too, but it's been a long, long time and I don't use that).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo